Frank Wilson UNT post game interview

Harry

Despite the many qualities about Frank Wilson I don't like, one thing I did get from him out of his interview video is that he has VERY high expectations of his team. Honestly, I'm not sure how much happier he would've been had the score stayed 22-26. Almost seems like he's not happy until the team is in the Top 25. That's a mentality I kinda like...don't just measure yourself against the peers in your conference, but rather everyone in your division. Especially if you're in the G5. I think it doubles up the motivation to do better. For UTSA, too bad it's the conference that ultimately counts.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, dmaxel said:

Despite the many qualities about Frank Wilson I don't like, one thing I did get from him out of his interview video is that he has VERY high expectations of his team. Honestly, I'm not sure how much happier he would've been had the score stayed 22-26. Almost seems like he's not happy until the team is in the Top 25. That's a mentality I kinda like...don't just measure yourself against the peers in your conference, but rather everyone in your division. Especially if you're in the G5. I think it doubles up the motivation to do better. For UTSA, too bad it's the conference that ultimately counts.

Agree.  UTSA has higher expectations than CUSA.

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Rice.

This has to do with recruiting, but Rice has a couple 3*** recruits that want to play for David Bailiff. One in particular of interest is Prudy (Prudencio) Calderon. He was recruited as a safety, but he has been torching it up this year at QB since his high school didnt have one. He is an all around athlete and I am sure UNT could use him on special teams or even defense. Maybe even a slot receiver. Wonder if him and the other highly regarded recruits look to UNT or other schools if Rice moves on from Bailiff.  

• Lovely Take 1