Congrats Danny Kaspar

GangGreen

Man, that's too bad. I thought Scott Cross was a really good coach, but I guess it turns out he sucks. Can't deliver in the clutch, can't get his team up for the games that matter, can't win even with superior talent. Lost by 20+ points to a "lesser" team! Bummer. But, those are the rules. He sucks, and he sucks forever. 

Congrats, Danny Kaspar! I hope you don't lose a Sun Belt tournament final. I'd hate to find out that you actually suck, too.

54 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Man, that's too bad. I thought Scott Cross was a really good coach, but I guess it turns out he sucks. Can't deliver in the clutch, can't get his team up for the games that matter, can't win even with superior talent. Lost by 20+ points to a "lesser" team! Bummer. But, those are the rules. He sucks, and he sucks forever. 

Congrats, Danny Kaspar! I hope you don't lose a Sun Belt tournament final. I'd hate to find out that you actually suck, too.

You sound a tad Cross to me. Drink a Shiner and call me in the morning.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, wardly said:

Cross lost his starting guard and key play maker last night due to injury.

Again, I don't make the rules. 

They lost, so he's a lousy coach. That's how it works. It's a shame, but that's the law. He sucks now. Or, again. Or, even more. Depending on your interpretation. 

l will give you a +1, though. Because I do feel bad about the situation. 

1 hour ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Again, I don't make the rules. 

They lost, so he's a lousy coach. That's how it works. It's a shame, but that's the law. He sucks now. Or, again. Or, even more. Depending on your interpretation. 

l will give you a +1, though. Because I do feel bad about the situation. 

Yeah that hurt them, but Texas St was playing at a different level. They played about as perfect a game as they could play. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mean_Green09 said:

Yeah that hurt them, but Texas St was playing at a different level. They played about as perfect a game as they could play. 

Not surprising that Texas State would come out with an effective plan and good execution. Kaspar is a very good coach. 

Unless the Bobcats lose tomorrow, in which case Kaspar sucks. 

...and, sadly, it turns out Kaspar sucks at coaching. Troy wins.

17 turnovers, 6-17 from long distance for Texas State. Frankly, I think Kaspar needs to quit coaching streetball and letting his team just jack up 3s. 

Maybe next year, he can instill some discipline and actually coach defense. Too late, though. They'll always have lost this game, and he'll always suck. 

It's a damn shame. 

3 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

...and, sadly, it turns out Kaspar sucks at coaching. Troy wins.

17 turnovers, 6-17 from long distance for Texas State. Frankly, I think Kaspar needs to quit coaching streetball and letting his team just jack up 3s. 

Maybe next year, he can instill some discipline and actually coach defense. Too late, though. They'll always have lost this game, and he'll always suck. 

It's a damn shame. 

He'll never get them over the hump.

And look at his career winning percentage, comparing IW to now: clearly he past his prime and on the decline.

• Upvote 2

Texas State beats us after our injury to Jalen Jones in the Coastal Carolina game the day before (not whining, but Jones is a HUGE loss, especially on defense--Jones came down hard on a hard but not flagrant foul with 1:59 left of the Coastal Carolina game on a breakaway layup when we were up by 15), then gets beat by Troy. Troy has a couple of good players and can put some points on the board but an RPI of 149. Duke is going to beat them by 40. Don't you love conference tournaments? Tip your hat to Kaspar, his team defended us well, beat us 2 out of 3 times this season.

We've got our hands full in the NIT with a game against BYU (65 RPI) in Utah wednesday. If we're without Jones, we're probably one and done and our special year comes to a screeching halt. Could be a weird ending to an otherwise great season (we haven't had many of those).