MGB: Y'Barbo lands at Fort Scott CC, possibilities for ST job

Brett Vito

Mason Y’Barbo, one of the anchors of UNT’s offensive line during its magical 2013 season, has taken a job as the run game coordinator and offensive line coach at Fort Scott Community College in Kansas.

Y’Barbo went on to become a graduate assistant coach at UNT and has gradually built his resume over the last few years. He has broken through to land his first full-time job as a college head coach.

Not so fast my friend @Brett Vito

Don't like either of those ND guys better than Tommy Perry. If one of those is truly the hire, I feel it will be an epic mistake as neither has coached running backs and Perry was fantastic at it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

37 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Not so fast my friend @Brett Vito

Don't like either of those ND guys better than Tommy Perry. If one of those is truly the hire, I feel it will be an epic mistake as neither has coached running backs and Perry was fantastic at it.

29 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Scott Booker would be huge for the ST job.

He's the number 20 recruiter in the nation

IMG_0049.PNG

IMG_0050.PNG

22 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Good for Y'Barbo!   Hoping this is the start of a stellar career.

I'd be on board with Booker for sure.   @TheReal_jayD, you've cryptically put out that the potential new guy would be an ace recruiter, and Booker certainly fits that bill...  Is this the guy you've heard about?

I heard there was a possibilty it was Booker. But the new Hire is Marty Biagi.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I heard there was a possibilty it was Booker. But the new Hire is Marty Biagi.

Interesting.  We fired the ST coach with the 67th ranked special teams in the nation (who also had good success as a recruiter and RB coach) to bring on a guy who was an "analyst" for the 81st ranked special teams.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feist

EDIT: Or, per ESPN, the 48th ranked for the 101st ranked: http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/sort/stEfficiency/tab/efficiency

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Interesting.  We fired the ST coach with the 67th ranked special teams in the nation (who also had good success as a recruiter and RB coach) to bring on a guy who was an "analyst" for the 81st ranked special teams.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feist

A former kicker from Marshall who never coached running backs. This strikes me as a disaster. He has only coached DBs and special teams. I hate this hire.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Who will coach RBs then? Mainord? Littrell?

Guess would be Littrell, as he's had a strong influence with RB's everywhere that he's been. Maybe Tashard Choice helps out until the 10th assistant comes into play? At least from afar, he appeared to be tied with Perry during games, often times subbing the RB's and FB's in and out of the game for various personnel packages. 

Edited by UNT Mean Green
  • Upvote 2

Just now, UNT Mean Green said:

Guess would be Littrell, as he's had a strong influence with RB's everywhere that he's been. Maybe Tashard Choice helps out until the 10th assistant comes into play?

I suppose I'm good with that. I know Littrell is a good RB coach, just not sure how much time he can dedicate to it.