Attendance

oldguystudent

1 minute ago, RBP79 said:

Good crowd. Unfortunately we were taken out of the game in the very beginning of it. I'm in 208 and other than booing the refs the crowd didn't seem into it on either side. That 1st TD by LaTech was the first nail.

That 1st Td waa bad, bad, horribly bad defense AND coaching. I'm sick of the bullshit. It's gotta stop. 

Just now, oldguystudent said:

Dude, buzzkill.  I'm trying to pull something positive from tonight. 

Not trying to kill folks' buzz, just keeping it real. 

• Downvote 22

My buddy and I got in late like end of the first qtr b/c of a wreck we encountered and mad traffic.  Outside the stadium near the red parking lot it was friggin packed.  My buddy who has no affiliation at all whatsoever to UNT made a comment if they those people would just come inside  and fill the empty spots it would be or look close to fully packed stadium.  All in all tho given our history of losing it's going to take quite a bit of time and constant winning for us to have a reason to bitch about near 22K attendance IMO.

• Upvote 2

Honestly you can say that 21.8k is horrible, but after the blow out that we took last year on homecoming, this should be viewed as progress..

Also, yes the Refs sucked and blew a few calls in terms of penalties, but some of them were just plan stupid by our players... Such as the drive that McClain got tossed.. LA shoulda started at their own 15, but we hit the guy that was clearly going out/was already out of bounds.. the penalty on Davis for another 15 yards(which was stupid, but then again he was standing over the WR so it was 50/50) and then the hit on the QB by McClain when the QB was clearly sliding. We gave them 40 free yards.

Stupid Penalties and again, terrible tackling.. Blame the refs and they should be, but honestly we were in it for the 1st half.. but this defense has not been the same since the bye week... maybe that 2 weeks of studying up on Army has hurt us like I thought it may. 

Also, another example of terrible tacking was the last TD by LA WR Henderson(I believe this was his name, the kid with the 5 TDs.) Brookes played off, QB does a quick pass to the WR, the WR barely if at all jukes and jogs in and Brooks just looked like he was tackling a ghost. 

Again, yes the final score shows a blow out and honestly it was, but I thought we won or atleast made the 1st half a toss up.. We just couldn't stop them when needed, nor could we move the ball when needed. Also, please can we start throwing the ball deep. The entire 2nd half they basically played press and Mason would either throw it short or just hold it way to long. Honestly at times it was straight Man to Man with no safety deep, and they would even show where they would be blitzing from he didn't see it. 

• Upvote 5

Honestly, the right crowd showed up on the end-zone, lower bowl, student section, and visiting section.

Our glaring area of concern was the Season tickets and Club side. Had that side even been remotely comparable to the rest of the stadium, we would have easily been 26k or 28k.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

44 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

Still way too many in the "wait and see" mindset.

We have a new A.D.

We have a new coach.

We are playing well and getting better each week.

We still have a chance to get into a bowl.

Pay your Mean Green dues and buy on the 50.

There will always be a reason to "wait and see" if you want to.

+1, Bravo 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNT86 said:

Still way too many in the "wait and see" mindset.

We have a new A.D.

We have a new coach.

We are playing well and getting better each week.

We still have a chance to get into a bowl.

Pay your Mean Green dues and buy on the 50.

There will always be a reason to "wait and see" if you want to.

Exactly. In a few short seasons, that crowd last night will be considered severely disappointing. Shows what the possibility of a racous Apogee will look like when it's at capacity. 

12 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

Honestly, the right crowd showed up on the end-zone, lower bowl, student section, and visiting section.

Our glaring area of concern was the Season tickets and Club side. Had that side even been remotely comparable to the rest of the stadium, we would have easily been 26k or 28k.

Ahh yes.  The inevitable, "blame the alumni" post for still having the passion to show up, despite seeing years of bad football.  Sorry it's not up to your standards, yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5