North Texas coach responds to criticism of low hit that injured Gators QB Luke Del Rio

Harry

“These people know nothing about the kid,” Littrell said, according to Vito’s report. “That is what is frustrating. He takes it personally. He is an unbelievable person. If anyone knew him who was saying those things, they wouldn’t be saying them.

“He didn’t mean to do it. He was playing hard and trying to make a play. To be honest with you, if you look at it closely, he was pushed in the back and tripped. He was on his way down anyway. There is nothing he could have done. It is what it is.

“I understand their coaching staff and their frustration. That is their quarterback and their player. We don’t want to see anyone get hurt. Afterward, (McElwain) said (that) we have had a couple of  targeting calls. Those are not the facts. We haven’t had any targeting calls. He brought up that we took out the SMU quarterback. No, the SMU quarterback was running in the open field. He got hit, his cleat got stuck. It is what it is. It’s football. We are not trying to hurt anyone.

“I feel bad for both of those young men and want them to get healthy, but trust me, I am going to take care of my guys, too. No one is going to come over and yell at me or my sideline and say that we don’t have integrity or play the game the right way. That’s not the facts. I am not going to allow that to happen.”

read more: 

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/north-texas-coach-responds-to-criticism-of-low-hit-that-injured-gators-qb-luke-del-rio

3 hours ago, Harry said:

“These people know nothing about the kid,” Littrell said, according to Vito’s report. “That is what is frustrating. He takes it personally. He is an unbelievable person. If anyone knew him who was saying those things, they wouldn’t be saying them.

“He didn’t mean to do it. He was playing hard and trying to make a play. To be honest with you, if you look at it closely, he was pushed in the back and tripped. He was on his way down anyway. There is nothing he could have done. It is what it is.

“I understand their coaching staff and their frustration. That is their quarterback and their player. We don’t want to see anyone get hurt. Afterward, (McElwain) said (that) we have had a couple of  targeting calls. Those are not the facts. We haven’t had any targeting calls. He brought up that we took out the SMU quarterback. No, the SMU quarterback was running in the open field. He got hit, his cleat got stuck. It is what it is. It’s football. We are not trying to hurt anyone.

“I feel bad for both of those young men and want them to get healthy, but trust me, I am going to take care of my guys, too. No one is going to come over and yell at me or my sideline and say that we don’t have integrity or play the game the right way. That’s not the facts. I am not going to allow that to happen.”

read more: 

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/north-texas-coach-responds-to-criticism-of-low-hit-that-injured-gators-qb-luke-del-rio

Moxie.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

Damn, do I love our coach.

Absolutely love our coach and the rest of this staff!  Glad he stands up with confidence and tells the the real facts! Try to bully Littrell around because it's not going to happen! Love how he sticks up for his team and North Texas!

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, MeanGreen01 said:

Absolutely love our coach and the rest of this staff!  Glad he stands up with confidence and tells the the real facts! Try to bully Littrell around because it's not going to happen! Love how he sticks up for his team and North Texas!

Agree.  And I would hope had Wheeler's hit been a cheap shot he would admit such and say that its being dealt with internally...which I think he would do. 

• Upvote 4

Proof that we hired the right man for the job.  Convinced more every day that Coach Littrell will turn this program around.  #GetLit

Here's why McElwain really sticks to his story.  He knows he doesn't have the horses on both sides of the ball to win the SEC and needs to keep his team engaged and fired up.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-players-feeding-off-jim-mcelwains-on-field-reaction-to-qbs-injury

I still think he has a mangina.

• Upvote 3