Post SMU-game Survey

UNTFan23

• Harry pinned this topic

This is huge.  The game day experience is critical in drawing large crowds.  College football is no longer just a game, it's an event.  Everything from the seats (hopefully you big time spenders can get those seat backs you paid for), introductions/team takes the field, graphics on the screen, concessions, traffic, it all matters.  WB is doing all the right things thus far.  

• Upvote 4

1.  I hate the "Let it fly like an eagle" thing we kept hearing tonight. 

2.  I hate the cheer instructions through the PA.  It's embarrassing.  I feel like the opposing team is getting to witness a kindergarten class.  Teach the students the cheers somewhere else.  The alumni that somehow don't already know them will catch on.  

3.  In the "behave yourself" video at the beginning of the game with Littrell and the police, my 14 year old son pointed out that they had "Cheif of Police" on the screen instead of "Chief of Police".  Good  googlie moogly.

4.  The blue lot passes had instructions on how to get to the black lot on the back 

5.  I liked that they handed out the car emblems at the end of the game. 

6.  The PA seemed to do some weird things tonight.  Seemed like they were making a lot of adjustments. 

7.  All and all, I had a great time, outside of a non-victory. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

3.  In the "behave yourself" video at the beginning of the game with Littrell and the police, my 14 year old son pointed out that they had "Cheif of Police" on the screen instead of "Chief of Police".  Good  googlie moogly.

I can deal with a lot, but the misspelling of basic words that we use often on a daily basis has got to stop.  

• Upvote 1

A unified chant please, prompted by an individual, not the band, that has a beginning and an end.

End Eugene Levy Scrappy's life and start over.

Band needs to March into the stadium and raise the spirit when they do.

Allow more individual food vendors.

Change announcers.

I wanted to suggest bringing back the junior mean green club spirit line but didn't see a spot for it.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

One more thing I forgot to say in the survey is that while the Green Brigade sounded awesome and I loved how they incorporated the soloists into the dancers routine - very cool and noticeable.  But Green Brigade please:

1. Wear your darn uniforms.  If SMU can put on the peppermint, Texas can wear their gaudy getup and the Corp can march in pants - you need to do so too!  Come on Man!  It was one of the coolest early September games ever and you still can wear the uniforms until October. 

2. Please kill Louie Louie - that song drives me absolutely nuts because it is too slow - very low energy - stale.  Freshen it up every season.  Surprise us!  Perhaps play Louie 1 or 2 times in 6 games but change it out.  See what BYU does with their HUGE satin banner that runs up the students side of their basketball games at a designated time of every game.  It is very high energy - gets everyone pumped up including Cosmo the Cougar, fans, alum...Louie Louie is slow and demoralizing especially when you are having your butt beat pretty good.

That's it.  Keep refining, refining, refining every game.  This survey gives me hope for basketball season which needs a full throttle cleansing if you ask me. GMG

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, NM Green said:

One more thing I forgot to say in the survey is that while the Green Brigade sounded awesome and I loved how they incorporated the soloists into the dancers routine - very cool and noticeable.  But Green Brigade please:

1. Wear your darn uniforms.  If SMU can put on the peppermint, Texas can wear their gaudy getup and the Corp can march in pants - you need to do so too!  Come on Man!  It was one of the coolest early September games ever and you still can wear the uniforms until October. 

2. Please kill Louie Louie - that song drives me absolutely nuts because it is too slow - very low energy - stale.  Freshen it up every season.  Surprise us!  Perhaps play Louie 1 or 2 times in 6 games but change it out.  See what BYU does with their HUGE satin banner that runs up the students side of their basketball games at a designated time of every game.  It is very high energy - gets everyone pumped up including Cosmo the Cougar, fans, alum...Louie Louie is slow and demoralizing especially when you are having your butt beat pretty good.

That's it.  Keep refining, refining, refining every game.  This survey gives me hope for basketball season which needs a full throttle cleansing if you ask me. GMG

If killing a song is on the table, please kill that damn "Hey Baby".  I refer to it as the "Losing Song", because for as long as I can remember, we are behind and go on to lose when that song is played.

• Upvote 5

On 9/3/2016 at 11:48 PM, UNT 90 Grad said:

5.  I liked that they handed out the car emblems at the end of the game. 

6.  The PA seemed to do some weird things tonight.  Seemed like they were making a lot of adjustments. 

The police thing -- I guess that's the price of having beer sales, although Fouts didn't do anything like that, and honestly, Fouts seemed to me like it was a much, much more inebriated environment.  Nonetheless, I found it oddly threatening and Stephen Colbertesque wagging of the finger.

Car Emblems?  They had car emblems?  How did I miss that?

The PA sounded awful.  Further, this is season SIX in Apogee, and I don't think I heard a ref announce a call one time.  SIX YEARS!  Can we please get a working mic on those refs?

Finally, the survey asked about CSC employees.  On this, I wish the survey had a N/A option available because I didn't encounter any this game.  I could only comment on past experience.  So I'm curious.  Do we have kinder, gentler yellowjackets this year or should I get my jackboot bulk order for their Christmas bonuses in the works?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Finally, the survey asked about CSC employees.  On this, I wish the survey had a N/A option available because I didn't encounter any this game.  I could only comment on past experience.  So I'm curious.  Do we have kinder, gentler yellowjackets this year or should I get my jackboot bulk order for their Christmas bonuses in the works?

They were noticibly friendlier than I recall in the past.  Not sure if it was blind luck or if this is part of an initiative. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

They were noticibly friendlier than I recall in the past.  Not sure if it was blind luck or if this is part of an initiative. 

Definitely agree on this.  Both at the parking lot entrance (I entered at the blue/red entrance over by Lovelace) and stadium gates (entered near the alumni pavilion) the CSC folks were great---even talkative, in a good way.  Much improved, and much appreciated.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

Definitely agree on this.  Both at the parking lot entrance (I entered at the blue/red entrance over by Lovelace) and stadium gates (entered near the alumni pavilion) the CSC folks were great---even talkative, in a good way.  Much improved, and much appreciated.

I experienced the same.  Very nice change.

• Upvote 1

1. Win

2. Jr MGC

3. We have a huge student section, they need a banner much like TCU's fear the frog. Run it up over the students the first UNT touchdown of each half. When the temp drops have like a halftime foam party in the stands for the students. Do whatever it takes to make these students want to come again and again and...

4. Please stray away from dumb announcements and changing slogans. PA announcer doesn't need to randomly holler garbage. 

5. The TV under the wing with chairs was a very nice touch. As was the car decal after the game. Keep these kind of ideas up!!!! 

• Upvote 1

1) They didnt have a Jr Mean Green Sign up in the Beth Marie's area. I too wish they would bring back the Jr Mean Green line

2) Fix the speakers/Volume when the announcer comes on. Straight awful

3) Loved the free swag at end of the game, Hope they do something this game too

4) Lines were too long, wished they would add another register or two to make lines move faster. If not, at least put a TV closer to each line so the fans dont miss the game.

On September 6, 2016 at 4:29 PM, kj86 said:

If killing a song is on the table, please kill that damn "Hey Baby".  I refer to it as the "Losing Song", because for as long as I can remember, we are behind and go on to lose when that song is played.

It's played at the beginning of the 4th quarter of every game...so I see why it might seem that way to you.  

5 minutes ago, THOR said:

they could also use some better game time giveaways...i won an all expenses paid trip to the bahamas just from dancing one time on the field between quarters...now, it's a 20 dollar whataburger card...whoopie...

I won a pair of airline tickets to anywhere in the US at the K-State game at Fouts just for submitting my contact info.  (No dancing required.)

• Upvote 1