Fine-QB challenge champ

Marty

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

So...

Any possibility Fine beats out Morris for the starting QB job? 

The question must be asked.

Also, we are 8 days from opening day. When will the starter at QB be officially announced, @Brett Vito?

I assume they have already made the decision on the starter and announced it to the team. There is very little game film to go on for smooo on either Morris or Fine so it doesn't make much sense to keep it a secret much past this weekend.

3 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

I assume they have already made the decision on the starter and announced it to the team. There is very little game film to go on for smooo on either Morris or Fine so it doesn't make much sense to keep it a secret much past this weekend.

Ya, just saw the team Captain thread after that post. Morris isn't a captain if he wasn't going to start game one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

So...

Any possibility Fine beats out Morris for the starting QB job? 

The question must be asked.

Also, we are 8 days from opening day. When will the starter at QB be officially announced, @Brett Vito?

Depth chart will be released Monday.

No there is no possibility that Fine beats out Morris. Morris has been better.

Fall camp ends tomorrow. Many schools have been announcing the starting QB this week. I would assume ours will be out shortly, maybe even today.

An updated 2 deep could also come out today or Monday. The game notes should be out early next week and most of this information will be in the notes so they should be made public very soon. 

There is no way that Fine gets the nod to start the game against smoo. Alec will be given a chance. If Fune truly is close to Morris then maybe the leash is not long or they even both play, but can't see Morris not starting. 

If Fine is that good, then don't redshirt him.  Make him backup to give him time to develop physically, but actually use him some in every game so he's ready to take over next year.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, dd992emo said:

There were probably no Defensive Linemen, who I hear are much larger than they were 35 years ago, chasing him. Or chasing any of the other QBs...

http://www.seahawks.com/team/depth-chart

Russell Wilson and Trevone Boykin stopped by to say hello and whip the Cowboys last night.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I still would like to see Fine redshirted if at all possible. I am happy with what he is showing, but always remember the old saying -- the most popular player on the team is the backup QB.

1 hour ago, Stix said:

If Fine is that good, then don't redshirt him.  Make him backup to give him time to develop physically, but actually use him some in every game so he's ready to take over next year.

I find myself wavering between those two, well-reasoned positions. My concern is for Fine and the rocket he seems to be on. I believe the kid is destined to achieve much in his time here but I worry that too much too fast could end up hurting him.

3 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

I find myself wavering between those two, well-reasoned positions. My concern is for Fine and the rocket he seems to be on. I believe the kid is destined to achieve much in his time here but I worry that too much too fast could end up hurting him.

Reasonable concern, but this is where good coaching comes in. Make sure he stays hungry, humble, and isn't getting too high or too low.