**Important Meeting for All UNT Alumni, Boosters and Fans**

Harry

4 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

I should be able to make it. Who is conducting the meeting and will fans be given a forum?

Trip Kuehne is conducting the meeting.  The meeting is an open forum and are a part of the school’s efforts to evaluate the program.  UNT hired Trip Kuehne and Michael Sicuro as consultants to help with that process. 

Not sure if I can attend or not, being 4+ hours away from Denton.  If there was any type of communication to me or other Alumni, I have not received notice of such meeting.  However, for those in attendance, do one thing for me and for all of those not in the immediate DFW area.  You know, the 200,000+ Alumni.  The state of Texas is really, really big, and I think UNT has always concentrated all of their focus on the Dallas-Denton area.  Could the Athletic Department please include Alumni in the whole state of Texas in whatever the department does???

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, NTAlum09 said:

And title it "CAW CAW"

@Harry Will hard liquor be served during the meeting to the alumni?

Well I figured that if the meeting had anything to do with UNT athletics then there would be: 1. healthy doses of sadism and masochism involved. 2.The fans on this board are definitely hardcore. 3. I've been getting nut-kicked for just past 20 years. So RedTube is the best place to upload the video.

BTW: If you do not know what RedTube is. Please DO NOT Google it at work, I would hate for you to lose your job. Trust me on this one.

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Sorry, but why does it matter how you found out about it? I'd love to bash the Athletic Department on this, but from what I've read on here this is just a donor-held event. Probably don't have everyone's e-mails.

Harry noted that they were hire by UNT to hold this meeting.  They have email.  That is why we are complaining about where we heard this from.  IF this is an important meeting to get feedback, they have ALL of our contact information.  To Find out about this 5 days prior on a non-UNT affiliated message board is telling.  I wear the Greenest Green colored glasses of anybody, but.....  My wife is a BAMA graduate, and everything they do is all-out, we should strive to be that program in everything we do.....

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Harry noted that they were hire by UNT to hold this meeting.  They have email.  That is why we are complaining about where we heard this from.  IF this is an important meeting to get feedback, they have ALL of our contact information.  To Find out about this 5 days prior on a non-UNT affiliated message board is telling.  I wear the Greenest Green colored glasses of anybody, but.....  My wife is a BAMA graduate, and everything they do is all-out, we should strive to be that program in everything we do.....

No, he was saying Trip is a "consultant" for the new AD hire. His role really isn't known, but he is mainly just a big donor along with his dad. Could they have everyone's emails... maybe? But the fact that you and I are seeing this post means it worked. Maybe this is just a generational thing. I remember my aunt got so upset she saw something announced on Facebook once.

I'm sorry, I guess you guys wanted one of these:

wedding-scroll-invitations-template-fakr

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

No, he was saying Trip is a "consultant" for the new AD hire. His role really isn't know, but he is mainly just a big donor along with his dad. Could they have everyone's emails, maybe? But the fact that you and I are seeing this post means it worked. Maybe this is just a generational thing. I remember my aunt got so upset she saw something announced on Facebook once.

Trip Kuehne is a big donor to UNT?  Really?  He attended Arizona State and is a graduate of Oklahoma State so that would surprise me.

Back on topic, while it is disheartening that many of us were not informed directly after years of support, at least we are being reached by Harry.  This should be brought up in the discussion though.  Being 5 hours away, I won't be able to make it, but I would encourage everyone that can to attend.  If you feel like you have been lied to, misled, etc... or are disheartened by the department then you should share why and how in a calm, direct manner.  This is our/your time to be heard.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Trip Kuehne is a big donor to UNT?  Really?  He attended Arizona State and is a graduate of Oklahoma State so that would surprise me.

Back on topic, while it is disheartening that many of us were not informed directly after years of support, at least we are being reached by Harry.  This should be brought up in the discussion though.  Being 5 hours away, I won't be able to make it, but I would encourage everyone that can to attend.  If you feel like you have been lied to, misled, etc... or are disheartened by the department then you should share why and how in a calm, direct manner.  This is our/your time to be heard.

His family is, so by proxy I suppose. I really don't know if he is a donor directly. I'm just making the point that some donors and alumni are putting together an open forum for fans and we are complaining about not getting it in an e-mail...When in reality it makes sense to announce it on a fan forum that some people check more than their e-mails. I know I do some days. The main point is this isn't being put on officially by the Athletic Department so I don't get why it matters what the catalyst of communication was. Things get announced unofficially on here all the time. I think most are upset because they confuse this as a Athletic Department event. 

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

His role really isn't known

that is incorrect, he was specifically hired by UNT to evaluate the athletic department

In a perfect world I would agree that it would be great if everyone would receive an invitation to this type of meeting.  Hopefully in the future that will happen with frequency.

However, I do not really see this an Athletic Department event.

The purpose of this meeting is to meet with consultants, hired by UNT to provide  our feedback so they can accurately evaluate the athletic department.  So I don't think that the athletic department is sponsoring this event as that would be considered a conflict of interest.   The consultants are wisely reaching out to the UNT Letterman and now Alumni/Boosters/Fans to get their feedback in a forum where they can speak their mind.  This is just one step in the process, but I must say I find it refreshing.  I expect they will be reaching out to many donors, season ticket holders etc and those who are not in the DFW area etc as this process moves forward.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

that is incorrect, he was specifically hired by UNT to evaluate the athletic department

In a perfect world I would agree that it would be great if everyone would receive an invitation to this type of meeting.  Hopefully in the future that will happen with frequency.

However, I do not really see this an Athletic Department event.

The purpose of this meeting is to meet with consultants, hired by UNT to provide  our feedback so they can accurately evaluate the athletic department.  So I don't think that the athletic department is sponsoring this event as that would be considered a conflict of interest.   The consultants are wisely reaching out to the UNT Letterman and now Alumni/Boosters/Fans to get their feedback in a forum where they can speak their mind.  This is just one step in the process, but I must say I find it refreshing.  I expect they will be reaching out to many donors, season ticket holders etc and those who are not in the DFW area etc as this process moves forward.

How about an e-mail sign-up sheet so that everyone can get a nice personal e-mail next time? Problem solved. Okay, I retract. I guess I just find that job description vague.. I just don't really know what evaluating the athletic department means, but these "roles" are usually generic-sounding anyways.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I may not be able to make it, but I'll put my concerns on a banner

I'll be there, continuing to try and make a difference.

Words and actions. 

2 hours ago, greenjoe said:

As a 35 year season ticket holder and Mean Green member and as a Club Seat holder with my seat bond paid for in full and, with a working telephone number and e-mail account known to the Athletic Department, I am beyond disappointed that I hear of this "important meeting" via a source not even recognized by North Texas Athletics.  If this was a meeting between friends at a local watering hole, I would understand not being informed.  I checked MeanGreenSports.com before writing this.  This is unbelievable. 

I'll be at the meeting. 

Joe Holland

I think it is a good thing that not one member of the AD's fingerprints is on this. 

It's encouraging.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

15 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I'll be there, continuing to try and make a difference.

Words and actions. 

I think it is a good thing that not one member of the AD's fingerprints is on this. 

It's encouraging.

I agree. This is the appropriate forum to announce it as we are the folks they are targeting. Also, keeping it separate from the AD will mean people may be more open. That was my original point, that this is not an AD event so therefore there's not going to be an email to folks on their email list. I just got off on a few other tangents. 

• Upvote 1