'17 OL Manase Mose (Euless Trinity) [LOI: NT]

• 6 months later...

I watched this kids film. He is quick for his size. Incredible pulling speed. He uses his hands and is physical. He has a 9-minute long pancake highlight real. Trinity didn't really seem to pass much, so i'd like to see a little more of that, but he has quick feet. Has some tenacity and blocks at the second level. On a side note, the more Polynesian kids we have on the team (TJ Tauaalo) the better chance we will have recruiting more. It's a tight-knit community and family, and I would love to become a preferred destination. Full Disclosure: My grandfather is 100% Hawaiian and i'm totally bias.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Caw Caw said:

I watched this kids film. He is quick for his size. Incredible pulling speed. He uses his hands and is physical. He has a 9-minute long pancake highlight real. Trinity didn't really seem to pass much, so i'd like to see a little more of that, but he has quick feet. Has some tenacity and blocks at the second level. On a side note, the more Polynesian kids we have on the team (TJ Tauaalo) the better chance we will have recruiting more. It's a tight-knit community and family, and I would love to become a preferred destination. Full Disclosure: My grandfather is 100% Hawaiian and i'm totally bias.

Yes.  I agree I would love to make a living off of bringing in Trinity's top lineman offensive or defensive.  They always have dudes! 

2 hours ago, Caw Caw said:

On a side note, the more Polynesian kids we have on the team (TJ Tauaalo) the better chance we will have recruiting more. It's a tight-knit community and family, and I would love to become a preferred destination. Full Disclosure: My grandfather is 100% Hawaiian and i'm totally bias.

As somebody who used to play rugby, I would love more Polynesian kids. They are physical, smart athletes, great competitors, great teammates... You get the point. Some of the many reasons I wish we would have offered Tauefa. We lost out on more than just an athlete with that kid. Anyways, glad we're still out recruiting. Seems really quiet out here 

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Welp.... I am an idiot. Is Jordan of Polynesian decent?  If not please delete ever post of mine.

Lol, no worries either way. I'm not sure. Just read Murray's recruiting thread and @eulessismore hinted at the possibility but I don't know that it was ever confirmed. Did you ever find out if Murray was?

8 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Lol, no worries either way. I'm not sure. Just read Murray's recruiting thread and @eulessismore hinted at the possibility but I don't know that it was ever confirmed. Did you ever find out if Murray was?

Pretty sure he isn't. Maybe TJ Tauaalo helped. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Welp.... I am an idiot. Is Jordan of Polynesian decent?  If not please delete every post of mine.

53 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Jordan Murray is Polynesian, but I am not sure whether Tongan, Samoan, Hawaiian, or some combination.  Euless Trinity is known for its Tongan football players, but there are players from the other Polynesian groups there, as well as some being a mix of 2 or more.  Of course we know by now that there are various Polynesian athletes at different area schools.

As some may know, I have long considered it a good idea for UNT to develop a recruiting pipeline to Euless Trinity, and still do.  It is true, as many have noted, that many of the outstanding student athletes from Trinity go elsewhere, but there are always some who need the options that a place like UNT can provide.

I have been a student of why various immigrant groups go to different places since becoming a geography student at then North Texas State years ago, and continue that study as my work at a major city involves some study of history, geography, and immigration, and can only conclude that people need the opportunities this area and this school can provide.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...