A 5th media partner is expected to join C-USA

Harry

"We hear frequently from our fans that it's difficult to find our games ," said Debbie White, a senior associate athletic director at ODU. "It's become increasing more challenging to keep people informed. And it's frustrating for our fans."

It's only going to get more frustrating this season, when ODU becomes the first conference with a deal for games on beIN Sports. Never heard of it? You likely aren't alone.

Conference USA was the first Football Bowl Subdivision League to re-negotiate its TV rights since viewers began to shift away from cable, and that shift was reflected in a far-more diverse TV package announced last week. In addition to beIN Sports, C-USA will have three other TV partners: ESPN, the CBS Sports Network and the American Sports Network. A fifth is expected to join the list.

A large number of C-USA games will also be streamed on ESPN3 and on the one network league officials have yet to announce.

Just two years ago, you could find C-USA football on just two outlets: Fox Sports and the CBS Sports Network.

read more:  http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/football/got-a-college-degree-may-need-one-to-figure-out/article_6e38751a-a1c5-5ec8-81dd-c9e03de34ede.html

15 hours ago, cwb said:

WKRP

Les Nessman doing play by play would be awesome!!!! Maybe UNT can orchestrate a promotional giveaway for the Thanksgiving home game...

(Just another cheap 8anner plug)

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I thought I read Fox had first choice on which Big 12 game to broadcast and they picked OU vs Texas. Meaning the Big 12 basically let the game go from network TV to cable. Not smart. 

I heard ESPN had first pick and choose Texas vs Notre Dame, but either way the BIG 12 allowed its marquee conference game to be moved to cable TV.  That whole thing is becoming one big blunder after another.  Don't see them lasting to long with this leadership

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, UNTexas said:

Maybe the old Netflix where they mail a disk to your house?

Gotta admit this made me chuckle.  "C-USA new media partner... games will be available via floppy disk no later than one week after the actual contest..."

28 minutes ago, Harry said:

Gotta admit this made me chuckle.  "C-USA new media partner... games will be available via floppy disk no later than one week after the actual contest..."

And unfortunately they will only have 10 copies available so we'll have to wait until all 100 of the superfans get their turn to watch and mail back in. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

I heard ESPN had first pick and choose Texas vs Notre Dame, but either way the BIG 12 allowed its marquee conference game to be moved to cable TV.  That whole thing is becoming one big blunder after another.  Don't see them lasting to long with this leadership

I think you might be right. The point of the article I read was just how dumb it was for the Big 12 to allow the game to be moved from ABC to FS1. Could have easily been avoided.