NO ONE FROM THE CURRENT AD!

UNT90

Although quite entertaining the second half of this thread was pointless. I am going graciously call RV a mediocre AD. The conference move was mediocre when you look at schools CUSA were losing. Apogee is nice but it gets built ad long as a basically qualified, competent person is hired instead of RV. The only thing close to praise I could offer is kuddos for the SMU rivalry renewal. Hustler maybe, corrupt, I don't care unless his corrupt cronies are still employed. Let us all take a break from defending or criticizing RV. Cause best case scenario we are arguing over mediocre. Could you really get amped up for a week 17 game in the NFL between 3-12 Browns and 4-11 Titans? Their season are over in that scenario and RV is gone. How do we help clean up this mess?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 3:52 PM, Keith7 said:

I think who ever comes in should find a whole new Sports Information Department. They do a horrible job of promoting events, they aren't involved in helping UNT students with internships (instead they hire sons and daughters of friends from TCU and other institutions) and they are nearly impossible to work with from a media stand point. It's time for them to be held accountable, too.

Not to mention no one can seem to get the correct story of how we became the Mean Green out there.

5 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Oh how I long to someday make detective. ?

Please tell me this is a bit.  If you actually do work for the (hopefully soon cleaned out) athletic department you are embarrassing it...a feat to be sure.

Yeah, I thought that one was funny.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, GTBGone said:

It will be called Beyond the Banner, the UNT90 life story......  

I feel like I would binge watch this like it was True Detective, season one...but then be left disappointed, un-entertained and depressed for humanity...like after True Detective, season two. 

• Upvote 3

Let's take a look at the highly circumstantial evidence:

New account made to respond to one particular issue involving the athletic department.

New account made immediately after Rick Villarreal announced "retirement." (No longer a need to worry about real identity being exposed).

Account name suggests a shot by someone connected to Rick Villarreal at this board on the way out the door. 

First post isn't a "hey, been trolling for a while, decided to join in." Instead, it's a confrontational, defensive post about a specific issue inside the athletic department. 

So what does this "evidence" indicate? Well, the name indicates a personal connection to RV, but the weird assault on a singular, specific issue indicates a connection to that issue. So either its someone who knows they will be fired/have already found new employment or someone with a personal connection (possibly related to) to Rick Villarreal. Find someone who has both and you may have just found a winner.

5 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I feel like I would binge watch this like it was True Detective, season one...but then be left disappointed, un-entertained and depressed for humanity...like after True Detective, season two. 

Oh, you would watch it, probably in a state of nudity with hand lotion close by. ?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

seriously. dude goes to some really strange, clearly repressed homo-erotic places with his humor "humor"

Hitting a little too close to home?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

2 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Yeah, but they cancelled True Detective Season 3 because it got too up its own butt and redundant. We could only be so lucky 

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, GTBGone said:

What's the bit again? I asked a dude to back up his claims with facts. I think that's called accountability, which this board been howling for. 

So when I'm met with stone cold silence to my question, simply tells me the truth is there is not a single instance to the initial claim.

how that turned me into the test tube child of RV....I'll let message board poo bahs answer that. I could care less. 

1.  The person you asked offered to send you a message.   You declined.  They, for whatever reason, don't want this on the public forum.

2.  If, as your screen name would imply, you are about to be gone from your position on the AD staff, I would recommend just going.  Nothing good will come from arguing on this message board.  Just go.  From the looks of your screen name, you harbor some bitterness that you need to let time take care of.  I wish you nothing but the best in the future.

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Hitting a little too close to home?

And you complain about personal attacks?  Funny.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Serious question for @GTBGone: Any idea how the department is going to handle the production of content for the ESPN3 part of the new conference media deal?

One cool thing I verified is that Sling TV also supports espn3.  One more nail in the coffin (for me at least) for traditional bloated cable tv contracts. FiOS - I'm looking at you buddy...

Just remember when you are talking about cutting the cord (cable), you still need internet (high speed internet to be more precise).  Guess who provides most of the internet access?  Yep, cable companies.

The amount that cable companies charge for the actual cable TV piece is a chunk, but not the whole chunk.   

2 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Just remember when you are talking about cutting the cord (cable), you still need internet (high speed internet to be more precise).  Guess who provides most of the internet access?  Yep, cable companies.

The amount that cable companies charge for the actual cable TV piece is a chunk, but not the whole chunk.   

It's all good.   I have a huge stack of these I can use.
aol_am799m13.jpg

• Upvote 3

On 5/23/2016 at 5:33 PM, UNT90 said:

I see some posts willing to accept a Hank Dickinson or some other lackey as the new AD. It needs to be made very clear to President Smatresk that this is completely unacceptable. If you feel this way, let him know.

How much would a plane cost that read "HANK IS NICE BUT WE'D PREFER AN AD WHO HAS NO CONNECTION TO THE LAST GUY"?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Serious question for @GTBGone: Any idea how the department is going to handle the production of content for the ESPN3 part of the new conference media deal?

Good question. It's gonna come down to the AD's and presidents....which means $$$. 

There are two schools in this league that are already ESPN3 ready and have been for years, WKU and MTSU. They have the trucks and production equipment. The league wants everyone to catch up by investing the money to do so. 

If they don't, get ready for WKU and MTSU exclusively and send the complaints to the chieftains of this league. 

But with the TV revenue becoming what is, do you really think the presidents will swallow less money from TV and turn around and spend more?

Not happening. 

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

1.  The person you asked offered to send you a message.   You declined.  They, for whatever reason, don't want this on the public forum.

2.  If, as your screen name would imply, you are about to be gone from your position on the AD staff, I would recommend just going.  Nothing good will come from arguing on this message board.  Just go.  From the looks of your screen name, you harbor some bitterness that you need to let time take care of.  I wish you nothing but the best in the future.

Gonna post publicly about it, then don't be scared to name names publicly. Don't want to post the names, cool. 

But don't get scared when your called out for evidence. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, GTBGone said:

Good question. It's gonna come down to the AD's and presidents....which means $$$. 

There are two schools in this league that are already ESPN3 ready and have been for years, WKU and MTSU. They have the trucks and production equipment. The league wants everyone to catch up by investing the money to do so. 

If they don't, get ready for WKU and MTSU exclusively and send the complaints to the chieftains of this league. 

But with the TV revenue becoming what is, do you really think the presidents will swallow less money from TV and turn around and spend more?

Not happening.

Well, I hope everyone in the department with that attitude gets their asses fired.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, GTBGone said:

I think what the MAC and AAC did was come to an agreement where conference distributions (tourney money, bowl money, etc) were earmarked for this purpose and then each institution also kicked in to cover their remaining costs.  Each school also usually tapped some of their big donors.

I know it's an expensive way of doing business, but if the MAC can do it I don't see what excuse CUSA has for not getting it done.

• Upvote 1

I read somewhere that it cost each MAC school roughly a couple million $'s to bring their production capabilities up to speed.  There are at least a couple that still have not done it.

Seems like the conference schools should have a deadline to complete.  Otherwise, there will be schools that drag their feet.