Wow! UNT in talks to be exclusive higher education sponsor of Dallas Cowboys

39 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

In today's Star Telegram this little jewel was right below the article about the Cowboys.

It was like an Ah Ha!!!...to Ugh!!!!

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Two-North-Texas-College-Students-Listed-As-ISIS-Fighters-379675901.html

Rick

I don't think anyone could blame UNT for the fact a developing radical was under the radar there.  But I get your point.  For some reason the Star Telegram really hates us.

41 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

In today's Star Telegram this little jewel was right below the article about the Cowboys.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Two-North-Texas-College-Students-Listed-As-ISIS-Fighters-379675901.html

Rick

So that's the mofo that stole the door handle from the new union....

So, like I said in the other thread (which was pulled down even though it violated no forum rules), explain to me how UNT can pay this amount of money but can't buy out the last year of Benford and the last year (or 2) of the Hattiesburg Hustler? 

There is no sensible explanation. UNT could care less about athletics, which is the red headed step child that they wish would run away.

This isn't good news. This is further evidence on how UNT will always treat the 3 major sports. Always have, always will.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

No price tag has been made public, but the memo said that cost is expected to be of “sufficient size,” to require the Board of Regents to sign off. According to UNT System rules, the board must approve of contracts worth $1 million or more.

I really don't see how the university gets $1 million dollars worth of value out of this deal.  

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

Thank god they didn't have access to a normally functioning cannon and working model A during their time in Denton.

• Upvote 1

This is actually a really cool deal and yall are poo-poo'ing it?!

I guarantee if TCU or SMU beat us to the punch you would be sitting here blaming the AD that it wasn't us.

Any association to the Cowboys is good for our brand.

"America's College Team"? haha jk

• Upvote 4