MGB: Augie DeBiase talks about visit to UNT

Brett Vito

55 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Lol. We aren't that important.

Always gives me a chuckle when people post crap like this. 

I'm not sure that I fully agree with you here. If grown men get angry to the point where they give you their cell phone number to discuss how horribly their son plays football due to having read comments on here suggesting so.... and it's plainly obvious that kids care very much about what is said about them on Twitter... then why would it be any different?

13 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

I'm not sure that I fully agree with you here. If grown men get angry to the point where they give you their cell phone number to discuss how horribly their son plays football due to having read comments on here suggesting so.... and it's plainly obvious that kids care very much about what is said about them on Twitter... then why would it be any different?

?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

I wouldn't want a kid (or a parent, for that matter) that was so fragile he let a dumbass fan board influence his college decision. 

I think people severely overrate the difference made by what they have to say.

Human nature.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

27 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

If it's who I think you're talking about, I've read enough elsewhere to think that players family may have been more active than others in that regard.  Probably not the family where one of them wore headphones during the games.

2 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

All else being equal, given the choice between playing at a school where the fan base is a bunch of scrotums or playing at a school where the fan base is not a bunch of scrotums, many recruits would probably choose the less scrotumnal school.

I don't know about that. I think most kids would pick UT over NT 10 times out of 10.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, H-towngreen said:

Why would you says catch him off? He took time out of his schedule to come to Denton from Florida. Plenty of kids take mid week official visits. Patrick Hudson too a mid week visit to UT a week ago. Not uncommon. Mid week they can get the full attention of the staff. 

i am just think he did not spend much time here, so does he really have an interest...I love for him to play here but just don't get a good feeling about a short visit.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

All else being equal, given the choice between playing at a school where the fan base is a bunch of scrotums or playing at a school where the fan base is not a bunch of scrotums, many recruits would probably choose the less scrotumnal school.

Where does nUTSAck fit in this equation?

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Lol. We aren't that important.

Always gives me a chuckle when people post crap like this. 

This board absolutely has a negative impact on recruiting.  There is no questioning that.  When a recruit is looking at a particular school they are going to dig through the Internet to find any and all pertinent information about the program.  Unfortunatly for us most searches regarding UNT football turn up something on this board.  So does one persons comment have a negative impact? No. But,  the collective does.  This place is one stop shopping for all things wrong with Mean Green football.  

I am not advocating change.  If things were better with the program their would be little for us to bitch about.  I also don't believe in censorship and see the good aspects of this board. I just think you should quit kidding yourself. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 6

4 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

All recruits never use this as criteria to pick a school. 

Just dumb.

29 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

This board absolutely has a negative impact on recruiting.  There is no questioning that.  When a recruit is looking at a particular school they are going to dig through the Internet to find any and all pertinent information about the program.  Unfortunatly for us most searches regarding UNT football turn up something on this board.  So does one persons comment have a negative impact? No. But,  the collective does.  This place is one stop shopping for all things wrong with Mean Green football.  

I am not advocating change.  If things were better with the program their would be little for us to bitch about.  I also don't believe in censorship and see the good aspects of this board. I just think you should quit kidding yourself. 

And I think you WAY overvalue what anything said on this board means to any recruit.

15 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

giphy.gif

Are we recruiting Virgil, also?

Question. No Answer. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3