Nick Starkel Qb Argyle

Wag Tag

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:30 PM, bloodstunt said:

What ever happened to the QB at Lake Dallas? I saw him once his Junior year and he looked pretty good but haven't heard anything about him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dagan-Haehn-168829

Is this who you are talking about?  I think he had a knee injury, but came back and played late.  Pretty impressive numbers.  I am surprised he has been looked at by someone.

Edited by UNTLifer

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dagan-Haehn-168829

Is this who you are talking about?  I think he had a knee injury, but came back and played late.  Pretty impressive numbers.  I am surprised he has been looked at by someone.

He got banged up pretty bad in their playoff run and was barely able to walk after losing to lonestar.  Kid plays with tremendous heart! 

26 minutes ago, greenit said:

I like the personal touch of the Navy offer.

Dear Football Team Athlete,

Football, I am writing to inform you that you have been selected...

That's not from Navy.  That's from USA Football.  The "National Team".  This would be the type of team that young Kevin Dillman was playing for in Sweden when coming up over there.

5 hours ago, GMG24 said:

He got banged up pretty bad in their playoff run and was barely able to walk after losing to lonestar.  Kid plays with tremendous heart! 

He's a badass.  I saw him play twice this past year.  If he's expected to recover he would be well worth taking a chance on.

I loved LD's offense btw.  

Rick

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

He's a badass.  I saw him play twice this past year.  If he's expected to recover he would be well worth taking a chance on.

I loved LD's offense btw.  

Rick

Agreed, his throws vs Lonestar were pretty off because of his knee/leg injury I don't think that defines his throwing ability. 

10 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

He's a walkon and already enrolled

This is the kind of thing that just drives me insane with our recent coaching staff.  Chico was running around Florida talking to a young man that obviously Mac wasn't going to offer yet this kid is putting up huge numbers not 15 miles from campus and we don't even go after him.  This kid is a Scott Davis starter kit.

20 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

This is the kind of thing that just drives me insane with our recent coaching staff.  Chico was running around Florida talking to a young man that obviously Mac wasn't going to offer yet this kid is putting up huge numbers not 15 miles from campus and we don't even go after him.  This kid is a Scott Davis starter kit.

I guess we'll just have to see.  He did walk on...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

That poster is very well connected at Liberty Christian. 

yes. I have heard Starkel is pretty much a lock for a$m also.  At this point it boils down to us and them and not to down our program but most kids right now chose them over us any day of the week.  

14 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

yes. I have heard Starkel is pretty much a lock for a$m also.  At this point it boils down to us and them and not to down our program but most kids right now chose them over us any day of the week.  

I hope coach Harrell has had some chances to chat/throw with him.  That's really going to be our only shot at him.

• Upvote 1