Nick Starkel Qb Argyle

Wag Tag

Think of the predicament A&M is in @BillySee58 , they dont have anyone other than Trevor Knight. I'd say we get Kincaid and worry about Starkel later. As much as I want this kid (Starkel) to come here, the chances are slim. I think this kid would be great and dominate in CUSA under Littrell/Harrell in their system but feel like he might get swallowed up with talent at A&M.

22 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

February 2nd is tough. Do we wait for him and maybe not get a QB, or do we try and get someone else then just end up taking two of Starkel commits?

I don't think you wait, especially if you can get a quality player. Could he be waiting in the wings to see if an another qb commits somewhere at a school that has not offered?

I have to think TAM is the favorite now that the OC is there and looking at their qb recruiting. They don't have any verbals yet and kyler was the only qb rated last year's class. But hey maybe he has a GF that's still in HS in DFW and wants to stay close to home GMG!

8 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I have to think TAM is the favorite now that the OC is there and looking at their qb recruiting. They don't have any verbals yet and kyler was the only qb rated last year's class. But hey maybe he has a GF that's still in HS in DFW and wants to stay close to home GMG!

Offer her a scholarship!!! 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Think of the predicament A&M is in @BillySee58 , they dont have anyone other than Trevor Knight. I'd say we get Kincaid and worry about Starkel later. As much as I want this kid (Starkel) to come here, the chances are slim. I think this kid would be great and dominate in CUSA under Littrell/Harrell in their system but feel like he might get swallowed up with talent at A&M.

Kincade is 3 grades ahead of Starkel. I'm talking about whether or not to get another high school QB.

I wonder if A&M will go after someone else instead of wait on Starkel. Unless he silent commits to them and just waits to announce until the 2nd.

3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Kincade is 3 grades ahead of Starkel. I'm talking about whether or not to get another high school QB.

I wonder if A&M will go after someone else instead of wait on Starkel. Unless he silent commits to them and just waits to announce until the 2nd.

Or what if he silent commits to US. Dude can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned. "I am still interested in any school that has not offered." haha get outta here

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Starkel will schedule three OVs.  That is, of course, as long as he doesn't commit on one of his first two.  

His first is set for A&M, followed by a trip to UCLA.   His last OV...if he hasn't committed....would be to the Mean Green.  

I would say A&M is the leader.  Mazzone was the one recruiting him at UCLA and Starkel fits his system.  

Here's UNT's best hope

1- Starkel isn't comfortable with Tate Martell coming in behind him at A&M

2- The turmoil at A&M makes Starkel wonder how long Sumlin and co. Will be there

3- Starkel doesn't click with the new OC at UCLA the way he did with Mazzone

4- UCLA isn't as sold on Nick with Mazzone now gone 

If the last OV weekend comes around and Starkel hasn't committed to A&M or UCLA then UNT will have a real punchers chance.