Check out this QB!

jackj813

As we all know, a good football team all begins with a good QB, period the end; and that's something that we don't really have. In my spare time I like to find underrated high school football players, and track them and see what they do (the closest I will ever be to my dream job: that of an NFL scout......maybe one day, but i doubt it :( haha.) Anyways, my buddy lives in Arkansas, and saw this dude play the other day, check him out.

His team, Springdale HarBer in Arkansas, is ranked #57 in the nation, and has only lost 1 time, and that was to the top team in Mizzou (webb city). I think he could be a good fit; can pass and run the ball, and makes smart decisions.

Let me know what you think!

Fuller Chandler - QB HarBer

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/503139/highlights/297840497/v2

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Kid's got a little speed. Good lord they're all bombs on this video, which is nice, but what's his short to intermediate game like? Seems to chuck all his throws with as much force as possible, and his motion's a little weird at times (or is that just me?). Side arms a lot, or 3/4 throws. Nice upper body strength. Relaxed in the pocket, sneaky on the run.

Nice, raw talent. Needs some good coaching and development, so there's also that.

Kid's got a little speed. Good lord they're all bombs on this video, which is nice, but what's his short to intermediate game like? Seems to chuck all his throws with as much force as possible, and his motion's a little weird at times (or is that just me?). Side arms a lot, or 3/4 throws. Nice upper body strength. Relaxed in the pocket, sneaky on the run.

Nice, raw talent. Needs some good coaching and development, so there's also that.

I noticed that his receivers catch the ball. Now I know that is a highlight video and there will be no incompletions shown, but he seems to throw a good ball (I too noticed the mechanics) and his receivers can make adjustments and hang on to the ball. Refreshing.

Yeah, he's a senior.

I take it that he transferred high schools after his junior season (different colored uniforms in his yearly highlights.) 

If you check out his other high lights, especially from years past, you can see shorter throws. Looks like all they do this year is throw the bomb; but if you can throw the bomb, you should be able to throw shorter/intermediate throws pretty well. 

Yeah, he's a senior.

I take it that he transferred high schools after his junior season (different colored uniforms in his yearly highlights.) 

If you check out his other high lights, especially from years past, you can see shorter throws. Looks like all they do this year is throw the bomb; but if you can throw the bomb, you should be able to throw shorter/intermediate throws pretty well. 

yeah, yeah... enough about him.   How do you feel about the banner?

• Upvote 3

I have said this before so please excuse the redundancy.  There are excess of 1 million high school football players. About 70k play college ball. I contend there is an all American football team out there driving tractors, living in inner cities where no one pays attention, or on a loading dock.  I know one coach that has found those kids.  n fact he has recruited over 20 kids who have gone to the NFL in 15 years on a D2 level.  He is 39 years old, has turned 2 programs around.  Just won the Lone Star Conference. His father is a retired college coach, that coached in Texas.  They know every high school coach around. He turns programs around, he recruits well and ,he is a proven winner. Colby Carthel, from TAMC is what we need..

• Upvote 5

I have said this before so please excuse the redundancy.  There are excess of 1 million high school football players. About 70k play college ball. I contend there is an all American football team out there driving tractors, living in inner cities where no one pays attention, or on a loading dock.  I know one coach that has found those kids.  n fact he has recruited over 20 kids who have gone to the NFL in 15 years on a D2 level.  He is 39 years old, has turned 2 programs around.  Just won the Lone Star Conference. His father is a retired college coach, that coached in Texas.  They know every high school coach around. He turns programs around, he recruits well and ,he is a proven winner. Colby Carthel, from TAMC is what we need..

6ADLV4r.gif

• Upvote 2

And again, I agree.

Rick

• Upvote 1

I was totally on board with hiring Colby's dad instead of Mac at the time.   The Carthel's are winners.   Colby may not have the big school experience.   But, he is a college coach with recruiting experience.   Count me in.

Unfortunately, I see our administration wanting to play it safe and go with a bigger name.

And again, I agree.

Rick

I was totally on board with hiring Colby's dad instead of Mac at the time.   The Carthel's are winners.   Colby may not have the big school experience.   But, he is a college coach with recruiting experience.   Count me in.

Unfortunately, I see our administration wanting to play it safe and go with a bigger name.

As we all know, a good football team all begins with a good QB, period the end; and that's something that we don't really have. In my spare time I like to find underrated high school football players, and track them and see what they do (the closest I will ever be to my dream job: that of an NFL scout......maybe one day, but i doubt it :( haha.) Anyways, my buddy lives in Arkansas, and saw this dude play the other day, check him out.

His team, Springdale HarBer in Arkansas, is ranked #57 in the nation, and has only lost 1 time, and that was to the top team in Mizzou (webb city). I think he could be a good fit; can pass and run the ball, and makes smart decisions.

Let me know what you think!

Fuller Chandler - QB HarBer

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/503139/highlights/297840497/v2

your son's video would benefit from having some measurables listed somewher. height, weight, 40 time....

looks like he plays well. unfortunately, we don't recruit QB's at UNT