Remember this

Dr. Seuss

OSU win was better - that was a pretty bad Tech team. Still an awesome comeback win, though.

I humbly disagree.   I was at both.  The Tech game atmosphere was a little better, and with OT and how NT just poured it on during OT to pull away...  that was the better game.   OSU's 2007 squad wasn't much better than Tech's 2010 squad if I recall correctly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That was a fun night.  And, so was the night of the win over OSU.  Super Pit was rockin' both nights.  Hard to pick a winner between the two games for "best".  I just enjoyed them both so very much.

A fun UNT men's team to watch plays tonight at 7pm in the Super Pit.  Why not come on out and see what you think of this year's squad.  A little early to tell much, sure, but you could be in for an enjoyable time and maybe even see a Mean Green win.  Starting out 2-0, no matter the competition, sure looks good right now to a fan base in a funk.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

This showed up on my Facebook time hop today. I was a Freshman and that was my first Mean Green basketball game. I got selected to do the human hamster wheel race and won a $50 Ramen Republican gift card. Wish that place was still open, by the way. Still remember the students rushing the court and the pride I felt for my school beating a team like Texas Tech (no matter how downtrodden their basketball program is). Happy days, hope they return. 

ETA: Check out Josh White's stat line in that game. Man do I miss that guy. 

244ut1y.jpg

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 3

OSU win was better - that was a pretty bad Tech team. Still an awesome comeback win, though.

I was at both -- and they were each fantastic games.  But the atmosphere and the flow of the game itself makes me give Tech the nod as far as "fun" goes.  The OSU one was a bigger win if you are considering what it meant, but that didn't really factor in for me.

• Upvote 1

I humbly disagree.   I was at both.  The Tech game atmosphere was a little better, and with OT and how NT just poured it on during OT to pull away...  that was the better game.   OSU's 2007 squad wasn't much better than Tech's 2010 squad if I recall correctly.

That OSU squad went 22-13 with an NIT appearance and IIRC was receiving top 25 votes when we played. Tech finished 8-23 that year.

i was at both games...i was a sophomore transfer student for my first ever NT b-ball game in 07 against OSU, i thought it was so much fun to beat them and rush the court. To me personally. the Tech game in 10' was better. i was a senior and a rowdy leader of the pit crew with my fellow green wig buddy....that game was a trash talking (boy did we piss off tech), electric, fun atmosphere and to come back and tie it, go to OT and then take it over was a blast....running the court rocked too!  Pretty great way to start and end my years at NT.

Edited by bstnsportsfan3
  • Upvote 1