Second RV whore game this year - Tennessee

UNT90

Not really. I assume you are interested for wagering purposes. Since I haven't wagered on a college football game since I lost $5 on the heavily favored Texas who lost to the underdog Texas Tech back in 1968, knowing the point spread is of little interest to me.

Na, I'm not a sports gambler. I do think that the line tells us a lot about what people outside of this program think of our football team. That's why it's of interest to me, and should be to you. 

And I think we all have an interest in whether UT scores more than 70 on UNT, don't you?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Na, I'm not a sports gambler. I do think that the line tells us a lot about what people outside of this program think of our football team. That's why it's of interest to me, and should be to you. 

And I think we all have an interest in whether UT scores more than 70 on UNT, don't you?

I already have a pretty good idea what people outside this program think of us. Since there is going to be a coaching change anyway, I don't see why I would be interested in the point spread. I guess if one thinks a 70+ point loss could also bring about the firing of the AD, then I could see some interest in the outcome. 

Since I've already brought up the comparison of our program to one character in "Sweet Charity", here is something the band and dancers could do if they had been invited to perform at the UT game. Maybe we could replace "fly like an eagle" with this........

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/1043468/Sweet-Charity-Movie-Clip-Hey-Big-Spender-.html

• Upvote 1

The only reason we play body bag games is to supplement our athletic budget. If we won more games,drew more fans, and gave more money they might go away. At least we are down from 3 to 4 per year to 1 to 2. It's hard to believe that we have been to 5 bowl games in the past 15 years.

• Upvote 2

The only reason we play body bag games is to supplement our athletic budget. If we won more games,drew more fans, and gave more money they might go away. At least we are down from 3 to 4 per year to 1 to 2. It's hard to believe that we have been to 5 bowl games in the past 15 years.

Remind me, whose job is it to fill the stadium, solicit more money, and hire winning coaches? 

• Upvote 4

The WHORE GAMES need to end. They have severely damaged  the image of this athletic department, and worse yet, have cast a very negative public image of the university.

We were told they would end, that North Texas would be able to play attractive opponents in home and home arrangements. Our schools dignity would no longer be sold to the highest bidders.

That hasn't happened.  of losing

Instead, cash is taken now for selling our team far into the future.

North Texas hasn't won a WHORED GAME during the lives of any of it's players. That's a damn long time and this well established legacy of losing makes recruiting to North Texas very difficult. 

PLAY THE GAME THIS WEEK AND THEN TEAR UP EVERY SINGLE FUTURE WHORE GAME CONTRACT SET ON FUTURE SCHEDULES. IF ANY OF THOSE TEAMS STILL WANTS TO PLAY NORTH TEXAS, THEN IT WILL HAVE TO BE A HOME AND HOME SERIES.

Those are all embarrassing losses on our schedule years before they are even played. Cancel every one of them if they will not play home-and-home.

• Upvote 4