Ryan Rentfro drops knowledge on us....the "faithful"

All About UNT

Just a kid. Saying Kid things. He's passionate and young, works hard, contributes and thinks everything works a certain way. The way he understands things to work. He has said nothing wrong. It's good for him to speak his mind and get things off his chest.

When he graduates, and if he still feels a connection to the program and decides to return and spend his money at North Texas games and contribute for a decade, one day he will understand. But not yet.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just a kid. Saying Kid things. He's passionate and young, works hard, contributes and thinks everything works a certain way. The way he understands things to work. He has said nothing wrong. It's good for him to speak his mind and get things off his chest.

When he graduates, and if he still feels a connection to the program and decides to return and spend his money at North Texas games and contribute for a decade, one day he will understand. But not yet.

“This isn’t the easiest place in the world to recruit to. This isn’t the easiest place in the world when you have a track record and a lot of years of losing. Just because you put up some cement and some bigger stands, that doesn’t make it easy. Did it happen fast because I came in wearing some big ass ring from Florida or because some people respected what I did at Iowa State? “No. It’s still North Texas. -- Dan McCarney October 13, 2014 

I just saw this Mac quote.  I never realized how bad it was until I read it.  No one and I mean no one in Texas could give a crap about what happen at Iowa State.   That quote should highlight the flawed logic in hiring Mac.  That being said I love the attitude he brought when he got here.  Attitude only goes so far and it you skill that takes it to the next level.  You think its harder to recruit to UNT than it was at Boise State, BYU, TCU, and Utah?  BSU issued its first bachelors degree in 1974.  All four these schools significantly smaller than UNT.  Recruits get excited to build something new with a leader with an established track record with local significance or NATIONAL significance. The short run at Iowa State does not register with local recruits or even their parents.  As for the passionate kid, he should have his head focus on his academics and football too much to be worried about some harsh fans online.  He needs to get his priorities straight.  The only way this is excusable is if these fans he alluded to sought him out to make personal attacks.

• Upvote 1

In a way though, he may have a point. If this were UT; Mac, RV and Benford (yes, this is his fault too) would have been fired (at latest) after last year. Theoretically, giving us fans nothing at all to target because the situation would have already been addressed. We would be talking about the successors' mistakes and their firings if next year didn't get any better.

If we fans want to look in the mirror to be better fans, we should bring about change quicker.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 2

Archaic offense that calls for running the ball predictably- Check

Statements that winning at North Texas is just so darn tough- Check

Bunker mentality amongst the coaches and players- Check

Chastising the fans when they don't turn out in drives for a bad product- Check

Shit, Mac's only four conference titles and three more bowl bids away from getting a practice field named after him.

+ 1 billion

When the MFers start getting thrown out at the fans and if Chico keeps his job after getting into a fight in the stands with an alum, then we will know that the end is near for Mac...this will be followed by Hutch Black Jersey Night at the last game of the season in 2017, as well as a few stolen TVs from the athletic department, too

And RV will still be the AD...

• Upvote 6

I ge that, but I do not see these guys not working hard on the field. I just see them losing. They try. The coaches however get paid a shit ton to produce wins. These coaches do not do that. It could be because they can not recruit, set up a good game plan, or many other reasons. Prepare kids to not make mistakes and give them a chance. I do not see the coaches doing this. 

Right. I feel like the players - even McNulty and Greer, they're trying hard and doing the work. I just feel like the coaches aren't, or are paying for previous errors right now.

There must be a disconnect between the high school and college levels here. Rentfro still has the high school mentality that we are doing this out of our own free will for nothing in return and you should support us in the name of school spirit. He fails to recognize that, unlike high school, colleges go out and pick the players they want and that players actively pursue opportunities at said colleges. This isn't just a doing the best they can deal, NCAA football is a product, a revenue sport, it is about results.

• Upvote 5