#Play13

Withers940

I've always loved Canales, despite whatever some people say about who runs this offense.  Call it fitting or call it tragic hero, whichever fits your motive, but the man who led the post-Dodge team to one helluva run before Mac came in is about to be canned; I think he really wanted this job and has sat through Mac's tenure only to likely be shown the door.

I can appreciate the positivism.

• Upvote 6

Is Play # 13 a run up the middle?

Evidently that is what a large number around here want to see.  We speed things up a little and in the last game we pretty much march up and down the field when we weren't turning the ball over and people are freaking out and calling for the wishbone and for running the ball more.

Here is a secret, our offensive line aren't winning any battles.  Hopefully, it is just inexperience and they improve, a lot , quickly.

I've always loved Canales, despite whatever some people say about who runs this offense.  Call it fitting or call it tragic hero, whichever fits your motive, but the man who led the post-Dodge team to one helluva run before Mac came in is about to be canned; I think he really wanted this job and has sat through Mac's tenure only to likely be shown the door.

Canales did pretty well with that team, especially when going toe-to-toe with K-State of that time.

You're the guy who gives the AD his yearly performance review, aren't you?

The HR dept demands that evaluations have to be fair and objective. I do not want to rock the boat because my awesome contract says, I must give him an extension for myself to receive a pay raise and an extension of my own. I scratch his back, I scratch mine.

• Upvote 1

I absolutely agree.  I don't know if he actually gets to run the offense the way he wants too but if he doesn't that is on him.  I sent him a private message during that time expressing my support for him to get the head coaching job.  I think he should have left then.  But I don't know what professional options he had at the time so it really hard to say with any conviction.  I wish him well regardless of what happens at the end of this season.  But who will want to replace him if he goes?   If this season goes bad enough for Canales to be let go who comes here with head coach and AD on shaky ground at best.  Maybe RV our AD is safe but that makes for a very disgruntled alumni and fan base which does not bode  well for job security.

• Upvote 1