Lil Mac...

North Texas Shep

The bottom line is that without a change a QB, teams are still going to stack the line and blitz like crazy because they don't, and will not, respect the downfield passing game because it isn't there. Five or six guys can't block six or seven. AMac isn't going to beat anyone with his arm or his running ability, or lack thereof. So until a change is made, why would we expect a better outcome? It's the definition of insanity. Or is it deja vu all over again?

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2

He was not the only one that caused for us to lose that game. We had two fumbles and a missed field goal. The play calling was also in question. We sucked in whole. Everyone keeps talking about how well the defense did, but they seem to forget the missed tackles that changed the game for SMU. We only call for his head. Why is that? They screwed up and did not play a good game. Well, they get a chance to make up for it against Rice. If Lil Mac does the same crap then he gets pulled. That is just the way I think it should be. You do not have to agree. 

McNulty couldn't score us a touchdown after the special teams got us a turnover around the 20 or 15 yard line. How much easier can we make it for him? SMU also helped McNulty by all the penalties they had. I heard a couple UNT fans talking to each other during the game, and whenever the ref would call a penalty on SMU, they would joke that was McNulty's best gain of yards the whole game...

I was ranting and venting about D. Smith being our starter, and then I was ultimately brainwashed to be a part of the McNulty band wagon for a couple months too. But there is no way we can have the hopes of squeezing a a 6-6 season with AM at center. My only hope is that Greer gets skipped and we go to D. Smith when there is a complete melt down on the field. But with coach Mac... McNulty could be wheel chair bound and still play out there. So I'm not even hoping for a QB change anymore..

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 1

I am saying he should start the Rice game and be taken out if he does not do well. Booting him after game one is not the answer. He might have just been freaked out. Many players play like crap the first game and get it together game two. That is all I am saying. 

If your a 5th year SR and you are getting freaked out, you probably shouldn't be starting.  I like Andrew, but he just doesn't have it.

McNulty couldn't score us a touchdown after the special teams got us a turnover around the 20 or 15 yard line. How much easier can we make it for him? SMU also helped McNulty by all the penalties they had. I heard a couple UNT fans talking to each other during the game, and whenever the ref would call a penalty on SMU, they would joke that was McNulty's best gain of yards the whole game...

I was ranting and venting about D. Smith being our starter, and then I was ultimately brainwashed to be a part of the McNulty band wagon for a couple months too. But there is no way we can have the hopes of squeezing a a 6-6 season with AM at center. My only hope is that Greer gets skipped and we go to D. Smith when there is a complete melt down on the field. But with coach Mac... McNulty could be wheel chair bound and still play out there. So I'm not even hoping for a QB change anymore..

spot on!

They called the QB read play more than 10 times last Saturday and not once did he keep the ball. You cant tell me that the DE/OLB read the play perfectly every time. Im not saying that if he kept the ball he would of run for 6 but keep the Defense off guard.

This might have been the most frustrating thing to watch at the game. He is no speed demon, but could have easily gained good yardage/first downs/even touchdowns if he would've kept the ball on a handful of such occasions. He had wide open run lanes where the end crashed for a few of them

• Upvote 4

They called the QB read play more than 10 times last Saturday and not once did he keep the ball. You cant tell me that the DE/OLB read the play perfectly every time. Im not saying that if he kept the ball he would of run for 6 but keep the Defense off guard.

But if he were instructed to keep the ball his chances of injury would go way up, and an injured Mini means Mac would have no choice but to go with a different option at the QB position. OK, my last beating of this particular horse until Saturday.

• Upvote 1

I never said 10 points is enough. What I did say was it is not just Lil Macs fault we lost. I agree 10 points will not beat Port St. He won the job because he was the best QB in practice. Which I saw. So don't say he never should have been out there. That is silly. Do I think Smith has more talent and ability? Hell yes. Does he know enough of the playbook to lead this team? I have no clue and neither do you. It seems that everyone is making assumptions about other QB options and running with it. We all did that with Berglund. That got us no where. From the beginning I stated It is hard to judge anyone from the first game of the season. That is why he should get the start. If he sucks, then pull him.

Did someone say it was? 

Practice? 

• Upvote 1

Wish we still had this guy off the bench!

389abca.jpgpersonaltraining1391297829.jpg

One out of every three passes he threw was a TD, he averaged 21.7 Y/A, and his completion rate was 67%.  Life time QB rating of 358.7!

He's the most interesting man in the world !

pSFQQAB.gif

Stay thirsty, my friend!

• Upvote 2

What makes Minimac the worst option for this offense is that the OL is just young and inexperienced, so the other defense puts 8-9 in the box and Minimac isn't fast enough, nor posess a strong throwing arm.

For those that have been around her for years, he's Richard Bridges 2.0. A really nice guy that works his tail off to the best of his abilities--which are just not that great compared to the other choices around him. But Dickey loved Bridge, because he was loyal and did what he was told without a fuss. And, to prove his point, he starts Bridges in a game at Texas Stadium against Tech instead of Scott Hall. And we get clobbered because we are so far behind, in part because Bridges couldn't make plays, especially in that antiquated offense. Sound familiar to anyone??

• Upvote 1