Peterson is gone

Travis

So now the question is what will RV be looking for in a coach? One who has head coaching experience at Div 1, Div 11? Do they have strong ties in Texas? Will they have had a previous working relationship with RV? Will it be done by committee?

Please provide any insights.

GMG

Football Forum?

just sayin.

But your not saying when you posted this in another thread that, not only had nothing to do with football, but had nothing to do with North Texas either.

Well, the OU frat daddies are right about one thing... there will never be a black person in their chapter of SAE. I hope there will never again be an OU SAE.

Just sayin'

Rick

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Football Forum?

just sayin.

Ah, a 2013 grad. I see you just don't understand what major news it is here when we actually fire a coach before the end of his 4th year.

This should actually be penned at the top of every forum on this board.

That's how big this news is.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

So now the question is what will RV be looking for in a coach?

Don't know but rest assured that the term "success" as you and I and most of the free world define it probably won't be factored in?

Coach Petersen is one of the best people and coaches Ive ever been around, and Im as surprised as anyone that we are at this point, UNT athletic director Rick Villarreal said in a prepared statement. Everywhere that he has been hes been successful, unfortunately that hasnt been the case here. I appreciate all of the time, commitment and hard work that both he and Patty [Petersen's wife] have shown to us and this community. They will always be a part of our family.

In the two major programs Peterson has been a part of, TCU and Wake Forest, he never took them to the NCAA and went a combined 147-150.

So there you go.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This same thread was already posted in the Basketball forum.

But your not saying when you posted this in another thread that, not only had nothing to do with football, but had nothing to do with North Texas either.

Just sayin'

Rick

also, it's "you're"

Not Rick

Edited by MeanGreen13
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I get your point Rick, but RV shouldn't speak ill of the recently departed. It would be a very rare set of circumstances to trigger anything more forthright or nasty than this.

Sorry, but he was a POS to some of the girls on this team and ran some of them off.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20130415-women-s-basketball-goodwin-blakely-wont-return-next-year.ece

And when Goodwyn's Freshman Player Of The Year trophy came in he didn't even have the class to send it to her or pick up the phone and notify. He simply told the local reporter to put it out there in case anyone related to her was interested in coming by and picking it up. He's a classless asshat that doesn't deserve being spoken well of by anyone at North Texas.

Good riddance!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Don't know but rest assured that the term "success" as you and I and most of the free world define it probably won't be factored in?

In the two major programs Peterson has been a part of, TCU and Wake Forest, he never took them to the NCAA and went a combined 147-150.

So there you go.

Rick

Petersen was 125-123 at Wake. Doesn't look so bad when compared to his successor who is 41-55 after 3 years.

I thought Petersen was an OK hire, but it sure didn't turn out that way. He was given a lot of talent from the departing Aston, but couldn't keep the best players. He no longer could recruit and looks like he was just going through the motions last year.

Whoever comes in, is going to have to completely rebuild. All the best players from a very bad squad were seniors. Unlike Aston, Petersen is leaving nothing.

It is going to be tough to find a good coach that wants to come into this mess, not to mention RV's horrible record hiring WBB coaches.

Petersen was 125-123 at Wake. Doesn't look so bad when compared to his successor who is 41-55 after 3 years.I thought Petersen was an OK hire, but it sure didn't turn out that way. He was given a lot of talent from the departing Aston, but couldn't keep the best players. He no longer could recruit and looks like he was just going through the motions last year.Whoever comes in, is going to have to completely rebuild. All the best players from a very bad squad were seniors. Unlike Aston, Petersen is leaving nothing.It is going to be tough to find a good coach that wants to come into this mess, not to mention RV's horrible record hiring WBB coaches.

Great...RV's next hire has the "bare cupboard" excuse built in

• Upvote 2