Vito's Signing Day Blog Entry

emmitt01

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/

This part in particular was pure gold to me.

I am a firm believer in the accuracy of the recruiting rankings as a general gauge as to how a team has fared.

UNT will rank around the middle of Conference USA in most of the rankings this year, which will give rise to the annual exercise of self-proclaimed experts inventing all kinds of new systems to make their favorite teams’ classes look better than they really are.

It annoys me to no end.

And surprisingly, it never seems to happen when a team’s class is highly ranked.

Go figure.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's referring to me and my offer-list grading scale. Although I'm not sure how annual an exercise it is for self-proclaimed experts to come up with new rating systems, at least on here. Unless he's talking about other teams' sites and fans, which he may be.

Except your rankings really don't make us feel better about this class. I think what Brett fails to realize is that your system is kinda specific to CUSA. And if you look at it that way, your system indicates this is an average class comparatively.

Also, don't dismiss a little envy that you came up with it and not he. Brett is just a tad arrogant and seems to view himself as the smartest person in the room.

• Upvote 4

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's referring to me and my offer-list grading scale. Although I'm not sure how annual an exercise it is for self-proclaimed experts to come up with new rating systems, at least on here. Unless he's talking about other teams' sites and fans, which he may be.

Actually, I don't think he's referring to your system. He's been saying the same thing for years. What often happened in the past is that Rivals would rank one team ahead of another despite the lower ranked team having a higher average star rating. If said lower team was North Texas, then some on here would point out that we actually acquired supposedly higher quality players than (insert higher ranked Sun Belt team) and Vito subsequently guffawed at this notion.

Yeah Billy, I don't think he's talking about your system.

For years, people would just look at all of the systems, choose the one that rated each player highest, and use that one. So you had a hodgepodge of ratings groups representing the class.
Player A's highest rating came from Scout, so we'll use that one for him.
Player B's highest rating came from Rivals, so we'll use that one for him.

Player C's highest rating came from ESPN, so we'll use that one for him.

Player D's highest rating came from Max Emfingers, so we'll use that one for him.

etc...

Then, your class looks REALLY GOOD! ...Full of 3* guys and such.

• Upvote 1

Actually, I don't think he's referring to your system. He's been saying the same thing for years. What often happened in the past is that Rivals would rank one team ahead of another despite the lower ranked team having a higher average star rating. If said lower team was North Texas, then some on here would point out that we actually acquired supposedly higher quality players than (insert higher ranked Sun Belt team) and Vito subsequently guffawed at this notion.

Yeah, like 90 said I'm not sure mine really fits the bill, but I've only been posting on here a few years and I don't personally recall seeing any of that on here. Of course there are past years and other team sites which I am not familiar with, and whether or not that occurs. Either way, I really don't care if it's aimed at me or not.

Yeah, like 90 said I'm not sure mine really fits the bill, but I've only been posting on here a few years and I don't personally recall seeing any of that on here. Of course there are past years and other team sites which I am not familiar with, and whether or not that occurs. Either way, I really don't care if it's aimed at me or not.

Sounds like a feud is brewing...

Yeah Billy, I don't think he's talking about your system.

For years, people would just look at all of the systems, choose the one that rated each player highest, and use that one. So you had a hodgepodge of ratings groups representing the class.

Player A's highest rating came from Scout, so we'll use that one for him.

Player B's highest rating came from Rivals, so we'll use that one for him.

Player C's highest rating came from ESPN, so we'll use that one for him.

Player D's highest rating came from Max Emfingers, so we'll use that one for him.

etc...

Then, your class looks REALLY GOOD! ...Full of 3* guys and such.

Ding ding ding!!!!