Vito's Signing Day Blog Entry

emmitt01

Did we sign 25 last year? (I think we an go over for that if we were under)

Is you total including our UAB transfer (I think he doesn't count in the 25 either)?

Yes, we signed 25 last year counting the JUCOs, walkons who counted, FBS transfer, and high school guys. The UAB transfers will count, so Moore will count if we sign him.

https://twitter.com/zach_greenwell/status/562334517294141441

Vito says that he thinks the class is good. And that he thinks the recruiting site do a good job.

It's becoming more difficult to argue with the latter, given we've posted consistent bottom-quarter recruiting classes while also posting bottom-quarter win totals for about a decade (outside of 2013).

But if it makes anyone feel better, JJ Watt was a two-star guy. So it's really about what these guys do once they get on campus, the work they put in, and the way the coaches develop them. Charlie Strong helped put a lot of guys into the NFL, last year, by way of Louisville, who weren't highly-rated, nor highly-recruited out of HS. So it's truly a combination of everything.

I am excited about the guys coming in and I am looking forward to seeing how they grow, perform.

Edited by Eagle1855

I propose a Billy vs Brett cage match to replace the corn hole tournament at the March get together.

The way I see it going.

Brett puts up a spirited fight, but in the end Billy knocks him out with his patented move, the Recruiting Elbow.

HOWEVER!

Just as he goes to pin him, Sean Bass distracts the referee with a lost and found poster for his dog, Ray.

AND THEN!

With the ref distracted, Tim MacMahon slides into the ring with a steel chair and knocks Billy out.

THEN OF COURSE!

The ref finally gets rid of Sean, Timmy Mac is quietly sitting in his chair reading today's copy of the DaMN, and Brett recovers just enough to pin the now conveniently supine Billy See.

The crowd is furious, which leads to the rematch: Super Slam in the Super Pit.

ETA: If any of this happens I want a asst. producers credit and a percentage of total take.

Edited by Cerebus
  • Upvote 3

Seem to have hit a lull. Maybe the next round is sent in during their lunch periods? Or, after school?

We got all the high school kids we were supposed to. Nothing on Roderick Young, but there was a video where it looked like he was signing with a UNT hat on. It's posted in his thread. But it is suspicious that there's nothing official yet.

We got all the high school kids we were supposed to. Nothing on Roderick Young, but there was a video where it looked like he was signing with a UNT hat on. It's posted in his thread. But it is suspicious that there's nothing official yet.

I think we're OK on Young since BOTH DeKaney boys are unaccounted for. Doubt they'd both flip somewhere (especially, like you said, after the video evidence of them signing with UNT hats on).

Combs needs to come through.

I think we're OK on Young since BOTH DeKaney boys are unaccounted for. Doubt they'd both flip somewhere (especially, like you said, after the video evidence of them signing with UNT hats on).

Combs needs to come through.

True. I was thinking we'd heard word on Smith, but he was only mentioned in a tweet by Quartaro. Not an actual official confirmation of the fax. But yes on Combs.
  • Upvote 1