Is Coach Wintrich Still Here?

Man this one hurts. Better job, and better pay -- but I wouldn't have thought he would ever leave Mac...he was very loyal to Mac so this is a tough pill to swallow.

Understand this...he didn't leave Mac. He is leaving behind what is almost a guaranteed pitiful (corporate football standards) salary. I don't blame the man. I blame our yet again, pitiful administrators. UNT is plagued with a bad athletic perception bc of decades of bad football. Our administrators along with not having a political stronghold on absolutely nothing are to blame. I blame UT for every downfall this university has had or will have. We have been and will remain at bay until political corruption stops, which will be never. The playing field is never even, whoever says otherwise are either ignorant or stupid.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

I blame UT for every downfall this university has had or will have. We have been and will remain at bay until political corruption stops, which will be never. The playing field is never even, whoever says otherwise are either ignorant or stupid.

I undertand your frustration, because I do believe allowing UT and TAMU to become so dominant was not a good thing for this state, HOWEVER in terms of our competition in C-USA, there is not one school who has the same natural resources, location and facility combination that we offer at UNT. Plus we have a GREAT college town in Denton. All of the C-USA schools have their challenges as do we. All I ask is that we are competitive in C-USA. Is this too much to ask? I don't think so.

Better ice that knee Ben.

Don't worry. I am willing to bet Ben knows a lot about strength and conditioning and could rehab his own knee quite nicely, knee-jerks notwithstanding.

I bet if you asked him, he probably knows the perfect training program that could convert Trevor Moore into playing shape to be a linebacker.

Let's just hire Ben.

22187843.jpg

• Upvote 2

Motherf...

Whoever replaces him had better be hardcore. He's one of Mac's two remaining assistants that I thought we absolutely had to hold on to. 2 of the best 3 coaches gone in the offseason sucks! I know Skladany retired, but still....

Don't worry. I am willing to bet Ben knows a lot about strength and conditioning and could rehab his own knee quite nicely, knee-jerks notwithstanding.

I bet if you asked him, he probably knows the perfect training program that could convert Trevor Moore into playing shape to be a linebacker.

Let's just hire Ben.

22187843.jpg

I know little to nothing about S&C, will never claim to. BUT, in reality, how damn hard can it possibly be? No bash on Wintrich at all, but go listen to some of these S&C coaches around the country in interviews. My brain bleeds just listening. Most sound like Meat Head Rob Lowe.
  • Downvote 2

Anything I don't know anything about obviously can't be all that complicated... Other people do it, and they aren't me. So, it stands to reason that I could probably do it better with no trouble, because I'm better than most people.

If anything, people who do the things I can't be bothered to care about are worthy of nothing more than my contempt. One, for being inferior. Two, for having lousy taste in their interests (defined as: incongruent with my own).

If Coach Mac wants to save some money, I'll work freelance as the S&C coach. I'll show up in Denton two or three times per week, tell the guys to get stronger and work on their conditioning, and make sure there are bagels or something available. Maybe a fruit plate from Tom Thumb?

Boom. Problem solved. Don't need to dig up Zombie Landry for that one, geniuses.

Anything I don't know anything about obviously can't be all that complicated... Other people do it, and they aren't me. So, it stands to reason that I could probably do it better with no trouble, because I'm better than most people.

If anything, people who do the things I can't be bothered to care about are worthy of nothing more than my contempt. One, for being inferior. Two, for having lousy taste in their interests (defined as: incongruent with my own).

If Coach Mac wants to save some money, I'll work freelance as the S&C coach. I'll show up in Denton two or three times per week, tell the guys to get stronger and work on their conditioning, and make sure there are bagels or something available. Maybe a fruit plate from Tom Thumb?

Boom. Problem solved. Don't need to dig up Zombie Landry for that one, geniuses.

^^^^^

Hire this man!!!

• Upvote 1

I know little to nothing about S&C, will never claim to. BUT, in reality, how damn hard can it possibly be? No bash on Wintrich at all, but go listen to some of these S&C coaches around the country in interviews. My brain bleeds just listening. Most sound like Meat Head Rob Lowe.

You obviously have never heard Wintrich speak. The man is hyper-intelligent and hardcore. This is not a man we will replace easily.

http://youtu.be/6XCgDlzV3wg

• Upvote 3

Meat Head Rob Lowe he is not...

http://articles.elitefts.com/training-articles/north-texas-football-performance-the-development-of-a-multi-year-system-of-training-for-collegiate-football-players/

His program is well-thought out and sophisticated. I've become a huge fan of his during his time here and will undoubtedly be rooting for him to succeed at BYU.

• Upvote 4

As someone who recieved a kinesiology degree, I can assure you that this is a moronic statement.

• Upvote 3

Another Kinesiology grad here. I have worked in this industry since 1992. Funny, I thought Meathead Rob Lowe wrote the above comment.

• Upvote 3