Where is Williams ?

greenjoe

His twitter shows he is in Austin with his family and returning to Denton tomorrow. He also has posted several pro-Mean Green retweets. I would bet Mac let him spend time with his baby girl for the holidays since his chances of playing were small. This was mini-Mac's season to finish for better or worse. I think Dajon will be back in the hunt come spring. He is a grinder with a lot of heart. He doesn't seem like the type to cut bait and walk away. He committed to us and didn't even consider other schools. I think if he works out the freshman mistakes in the offseason, and studies his reads and playbook, he will be our guy next year. Unless, of course, Means blindsides us with his ability.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

His twitter shows he is in Austin with his family and returning to Denton tomorrow. He also has posted several pro-Mean Green retweets. I would bet Mac let him spend time with his baby girl for the holidays since his chances of playing were small. This was mini-Mac's season to finish for better or worse. I think Dajon will be back in the hunt come spring. He is a grinder with a lot of heart. He doesn't seem like the type to cut bait and walk away. He committed to us and didn't even consider other schools. I think if he works out the freshman mistakes in the offseason, and studies his reads and playbook, he will be our guy next year. Unless, of course, Means blindsides us with his ability.

Hope you're right, but weren't we the only school in the country to offer him located outside of Montana?

Edited by foutsrouts

www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20120621-football-Pflugerville-qb-commits-to-mean-green.ece

This article shows he committed in June before his senior season with offers from Montana and LaTech and interest from several others.

Edit: Sorry, tried to link it for you guys but for whatever reason, my comp won't allow me to quote or post links.

Edited by Cr1028

This comes back to something I said last year. When you win you can give the coach some benefit of the doubt when he pretty much does not communicate any reasoning for his decisions that seem hard to understand, and when he does generally not communicate about what is really going on in his team.... when you lose though, he does not deserve that benefit of the doubt. Then, whenever weird things happen you always do HAVE to wonder what role the coach plays, and by not saying anything meaningful about any players (as in only "coach speak") he is just shutting the last fans out who want to be connected closely to the program. Thus, even though he is always promoting the program, the fact that coach Mac plays everything so close to the vest will come to haunt him at some point, unless he starts winning fast again next season. Because since he does not communicate you also don't really know why things should really improve. Tha can kill hope real fast

Edited by outoftown
  • Downvote 3

For 2015's sake, I hope this post is accurate.

Mac and DW really need to hash things out over the offseason and get on the same page. A good DW is our best bet. I think it will take work from both DW and Mac to make that possible.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle
  • Upvote 1

F spending time with your family for the holdays! He had a college football game to be at. You get 12 of those a year and your whole scholarship is based on your attendance and production at those games. No way Mac sent him home with a pat on the head, a side of stuffing and a bottle of wine for his family. Every player, coach and Diet Coke boy on that team has family they could have spent the day with. The backup QB doesn't just get left off the travel squad. He must have done something to lose the priveledge of attending the game. DW is as good as gone already. Too bad, but the only person he can blame is himself. Good luck at Prairie View A&M or Sul Ross State next season. Hope their strength coach doesn't post the results of their offseason workouts on Facebook.

Edited by MeanGreenZen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4