Anyone have coaches show notes?

JRock

I listened for the first 10-15 minutes. Had to turn it off. I don't know how much more of Mac I can take. He acts as if UAB didn't happen. He addresses the disappointment briefly and then gets into his rampaged rant of, "respect him, love him, no doubt about it. We had the most output of offense at UNT last year, we know what we're doing. Blah, blah, blah, some other crap talk while trying to hold their achievements higher than their downfalls to hide the obvious shortcomings. Some crap about being first in the country in punt blocks and we haven't missed an extra point this season." Turned it off shortly thereafter.

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 15

People don't get it. Instead, I am a tool. I know what BS smells like and I am starting to smell the stench.

I know you are very passionate about NT. But, sometimes you go a bit far in your analysis. "Smelling the stench" for someone who didn't play and has only experienced a single college coach doesn't make the best impression.

• Upvote 1

I know you are very passionate about NT. But, sometimes you go a bit far in your analysis. "Smelling the stench" for someone who didn't play and has only experienced a single college coach doesn't make the best impression.

I don't think I need to experience decades of coaches to understand the entirety of the situation. I may not have been following North Texas for very long, but I have been following CFB closely all of my life. I can tell when a coach starts dog paddling frantically. Will Muschamp is in year 4 at Florida. He was one USC victory over ND at being in the NCG. It was borderline ugly football most of that 2012 year, and when it wasn't borderline ugly it was plain ugly. Florida went 11-2 that year and Florida has been calling for his head ever since the ugly football turned from W's to L's, much like North Texas. Muschamp is done. McCarney will bask in 9-4 2013 glory for as long as this administration and his health allows him to. We the fans, the President, and BOR must treat our program as big time in every fashion or we will literally be a bottom barrel program forever. GMG
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Look, Ben means as well as anyone else on here...

,,but, he took the hard, hard stance of Dajon being Dajesus based on the Nicholls State scrimmage. The thing is, the seasons are won, largely, in two ways:

(1) In the offseason: prepare, prepare, prepare - which means, loosely, run your ass off in 100 degree weather and study your playbooks from spring

(2) During the season: the offensive and defensive line

(3) Post season: recruiting battles

Of the two items needed to be a successful winning program, Dajon was only responsible of one - offseason preparation. You can't hold him accountable for the lines. You can't hold him responsible for the talent around him (or, some would posit, the lack thereof).

If I could say just one thing to Dajon for the betterment of his career, I would say this:

(1) Watch Tyrone Swoopes' game against Oklahoma (psst...it's on youtube). He only threw one touchdown to the opposing defensive backs. The rest of the time, if he didn't have the throw he wanted (or needed), he quickly threw the ball waaaaaaaaay the f*ck out of bounds to the point where not even the assistant towel boys could catch it.

And

(2) You held me down, but I got up (HEY!); already brushing off the dust. You hear my voice, you hear that sound like thunder - gonna shake the ground. You held me down, but I got up (HEY!). Get ready 'cause I've had enough: I see it all; I see it now. I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire. 'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar!

• Upvote 1

For the record I was a DW advocate waaay before Nicholls. I think if he is managed properly, which he hasn't been at all to this point, he will do fine. They need to treat him like they treated DT, with a leash. Run power, run counter, run power again then punt if we need to. Then when we get the ball again do the same thing. Sprinkle sprint outs and bootlegs in there sparingly. Don't treat our Fr like a vet, treat him like a Fr.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

For the record I was a DW advocate waaay before Nicholls. I think if he is managed properly, which he hasn't been at all to this point, he will do fine. They need to treat him like they treated DT, with a leash. Run power, run counter, run power again then punt if we need to. Then when we get the ball again do the same thing. Sprinkle sprint outs and bootlegs in there sparingly. Don't treat our Fr like a vet, treat him like a Fr.

I say this with all due respect, which in your case is none. You are a complete moron. I pray this is just some kind of schtick, because it's too scary to think there is actually someone like you walking the streets without supervision.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1