DRC: UNT fans/boosters to meet with consultants tonight

Brett Vito

"UNT’s athletic programs to be scrutinized Monday night"

I disagree with the title of this article.  Are we scrutinizing the programs, future of the programs, or how the athletic department is/has been run the last 15 years?  And is the university serious about successful/winning programs?

• Upvote 1

The only question I'm going to ask, if no one else does, is why it's so hard to find anything UNT related outside of Denton. There's a Rally House and Dick's here in north Fort Worth that have a little bit, but I'm genuinely shocked by that. I've been to some Lids in the DFW area that don't even have one UNT hat.

• Upvote 2

Just now, ColoradoEagle said:

The only question I'm going to ask, if no one else does, is why it's so hard to find anything UNT related outside of Denton. There's a Rally House and Dick's here in north Fort Worth that have a little bit, but I'm genuinely shocked by that. I've been to some Lids in the DFW area that don't even have one UNT hat.

*Paging @FirefightnRick*

21 minutes ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Lack of demand. Retailers don't want to waste shelf space if items aren't going to sell. It's a similar situation with manufacturers. You don't want to make a product and then have it sit in a WHSE gathering dust while you wait for a retailer to buy your product to then sell to a consumer.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

anybody know if there will be food available tonight?  it's a 6:30 deal, and most will be coming out straight from work.....do we stop and eat, will their be snacks/food.....there is a lot of sh!* to consider here....

I'm guessing any Jimmy Johns sponsorships are over. 

• Upvote 6

58 minutes ago, ColoradoEagle said:

57 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

*Paging @FirefightnRick*

I was under the impression that this sort of branding/apparel were URCM's job?

• Upvote 1

I don't know what to make of this meeting.  On the one hand, I think it makes us look small time and makes our administration look like they aren't in control.  On the other, I assume that most schools probably do things like this for just their top level donors or a selected few.  Can anyone cite any examples of other schools trying this?

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 1

Just now, TIgreen01 said:

I don't know what to make of this meeting.  On the one hand, I think it makes us look small time and makes our administration look like they aren't in control.  On the other, I assume that most schools probably do things like this for just their top level donors.  Can anyone cite any examples of other schools trying this?

I'm think you might get a free t-shirt after this meeting

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

So this is a relatively new trend that schools are trying to help out with attendance issues, mostly?  Either way, good to know where it is coming from, and appreciate the post.  I'd say those are all good schools to be emulate, but Pedophile St made the list.  Sorry, can't help myself.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

“But Marketing 101 in any organization ought to be knowing your constituents, listening to their feedback, knowing what they like and don’t like and knowing what we can help them out with. That’s what we’re looking to do.”

UNT held a similar meeting with the school’s former lettermen last week.

Two former lettermen who were there said there were about 90 people in attendance.

“It was a positive meeting,” said Ellery Smith, who played for UNT in the 1990s. “It was a discussion of where the athletic department is.”

Has anyone else had a conversation with a letterman that attended? If so, did they see the meeting in the same light as Mr. Smith?

• Upvote 1

Needs to be addressed and how / what we are doing to make better, increase or improve. 

* athletic department/ customer service

* transparency of season ticket sales and goals of sales

* advertisement/ merchandise

*scheduling

* attendance of games 

* Connecting with alumni

Edited by mgfan
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, mgfan said:

Needs to be addressed and how / what we are doing to make better, increase or improve. 

* athletic department/ customer service

* transparency of season ticket sales and goals of sales

* advertisement/ merchandise

*scheduling

* attendance of games 

* Connecting with alumni

In short, absolutely everything....

• Upvote 1