2015 CUSA Men's Basketball Tournament

I was pulling for the upset. Would love to see Marshal beat WKU.

Why? Unless it somehow happens to be us, I'd like to see C-USA send the representative with the best chance to make some noise at the Dance. And the best teams meeting each other in the semifinals and finals also makes for better seeding for the winner.

Why? Unless it somehow happens to be us, I'd like to see C-USA send the representative with the best chance to make some noise at the Dance. And the best teams meeting each other in the semifinals and finals also makes for better seeding for the winner.

I like the early round upsets. If not us then I want ODU, La Tech, or UTEPS to go.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't be surprised if some day mid major conferences slim down their conference tourneys to the top 4 teams. Eliminate the chance of a below .500 team of representing the conference.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That would make for some short and boring conference tournaments.

Short yes boring NO. Don't see how the best playing the best is boring. It also strengthens mid majors chances of making noise in the big dance. CUSA doesn't want to see a below .500 team win the tourney and draw a 16 seed. They want ODU/La Tech/UTEP to win it because they have the best chance of representing CUSA well.

I kinda agree with both sides on that debate. I love the fact that basically everyone in the country has a theoretical chance to get hot and win the whole thing. I mean we're what....ten or 11 games away from being national champs? There's something very Indiana high school basketball about the whole thing.

On the other hand, I do think it's best when teams that had great regular seasons get rewarded.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

People watch for the Cinderellas, not the the Duke's and Kentucky's.

Well, what we're kinda saying is you have a much better chance for a Cinderella run when a CUSA (for example) sends LA Tech or a ODU rather than North Texas or Marshall.

**And while I always thought you were right....ratings are typically highest when it's two Goliaths. The year Butler played VCU at the Final Four was not a very well seen game ratings wise.

Edited by CMJ

I kinda agree with both sides on that debate. I love the fact that basically everyone in the country has a theoretical chance to get hot and win the whole thing. I mean we're what....ten or 11 games away from being national champs? There's something very Indiana high school basketball about the whole thing.

On the other hand, I do think it's best when teams that had great regular seasons get rewarded.

This happened to UCONN in 2011. Remember they limped into their conf tourney, played 4 games in 4 nights, won their conf, then won the whole thing!

Anything can happen in the NCAAs... If you have a Calhoun-type coach.

• Upvote 1

Connecticut would have made the tournament anyway, but they did improve their seed drastically in that Big East tourney run (they were probably on the 7 or 8 line...moved up to a 3). I was thinking more NC State in 1983, who was a bubble team (probably in, but maybe not), won the ACC tourney, gets a 6 seed, and then wins several nailbiters enroute to the Title.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2