20 worst places to watch college football - Apogee #8 - dumb article

SouthBendGreen

A buddy sent this to me. A dumb article in which Apogee is listed as the 8th worst place to see a college football game. When I saw the title I thought they were going to discuss sight lines and physical attributes, but NOOOOOOO

Apogee Stadium
Congratulations, North Texas, on having the first completely LEED certified stadium… in a state full of people who make money off of oil. This would be like the Denver police department bragging about their highly effective drug dogs. It’s no wonder only 20,000 show up to watch the Mean Green, since “Mean” is probably a word used to describe anything “green” in North Texas. The .451 winning percentage since 2009 probably doesn’t help either.

So apparently to them we have a bad stadium because it's LEED certified, or we are an oil state, or is it because we draw 20k??? Seems like sound logic.

Oh - and just a slight amount of research would turn up that UNT is 12-6 at Apogee. What jackwagons!!

http://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/worst-college-football-stadiums-america-s-worst-stadiums-to-watch-fbs-college-football

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I wish you hadn't given the guy the traffic he's going to get from this thread.

I know what you mean, but the article is definitely one of those you see on a site with a catchy headline that makes you click. Then the actual "analysis" is anything but. It was simply an attempt at humor and it failed miserably.

Now had we still been in Fouts I would have argued for that place to have been #1

I really don't care if the Stadium is LEED certified. I wonder if the construction cost for stadium were inflated to acquire LEED Certification? If so, then big waste of money. In the energy capital of the US I really question the need for 3 windmills. Wonder what the ROI was on the windmills. Oh, probably a government grant gave us the money which my taxes paid for. Yes, I'm totally apposed to the "green movement" bashing energy production that will grow our economy and provide high paying jobs for American's. America has more natural energy reserves than any country in the world. The green movement is heck bent on not allowing the US use it's natural resources effectively. We can get these natural resources to market very safely and the oil business, or energy business doesn't want to kill anyone. But to listen to the "greeny's, code pink, and others you'd think the oil industry was out to destory the US population.

Who provided all the money for Houston's world renowned "Medical Center"!!! Texas Oil MEN!!! If I ever get cancer I hope I have the resources to get to MD Anderson, even through it's part of UT!! The "green" movement say's they're all about conservation, but how many Eagles, yes our mascot are kill every year by "Green windmills" do the research. If you or I kill a balded Eagle big brother will throw you in jail and throw away the key. If a "Green Windmill" kills a balded Eagle, oh well, no harm, no foul.

Kind of like belonging to a P5 conference or being on the outside looking in. Not really much worst. If you take a good hard look at the "Green movement" if your a true American you'll be appalled by what you find out if your honest enough to believe the truth. And yes I'm all for conservation, just not at the expense of energy independence, quality manufactoring jobs in the US, and an economy that made America the greatest nation on Earth!!! Oh, the "Green movement believes in a carbon tax, who's going to pay the tax, you and I that's who. So the "Green Movement" can ultimately control my and your behavor. Wow, that's priceless!! The green movement say's carbon dioxide is enemy number 1, but what needs carbon dioxide to live? What does the thing that need carbon dioxide provide for humans and other animal life to live, oh that would be oxygen.

Edited by UNTMike81
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 17

I really don't care if the Stadium is LEED certified. I wonder if the construction cost for stadium were inflated to acquire LEED Certification? If so, then big waste of money. In the energy capital of the US I really question the need for 3 windmills. Wonder what the ROI was on the windmills. Oh, probably a government grant gave us the money which my taxes paid for. Yes, I'm totally apposed to the "green movement" bashing energy production that will grow our economy and provide high paying jobs for American's. America has more natural energy reserves than any country in the world. The green movement is heck bent on not allowing the US use it's natural resources effectively. We can get these natural resources to market very safely and the oil business, or energy business doesn't want to kill anyone. But to listen to the "greeny's, code pink, and others you'd think the oil industry was out to destory the US population.

Who provided all the money for Houston's world renowned "Medical Center"!!! Texas Oil MEN!!! If I ever get cancer I hope I have the resources to get to MD Anderson, even through it's part of UT!! The "green" movement say's they're all about conservation, but how many Eagles, yes our mascot are kill every year my "Green windmills" do the research. If you or I kill a balled Eagle big brother will throw you in jail and throw away the key. If a "Green Windmill" kills a balled Eagle, oh well, no harm, no foul.

Kind of like belonging to a P5 conference or being on the outside looking in. Not really much worst. If you take a good hard look at the "Green movement" if your a true American you'll be appalled by what you find out if your honest enough to believe the truth. And yes I'm all for conservation, just not at the expense of energy independence, quality manufactoring jobs in the US, and an economy that made America the greatest nation on Earth!!! Oh, the "Green movement believes in a carbon tax, who's going to pay the tax, you and I that's who. So the "Green Movement" can ultimately control my and your behavor. Wow, that's priceless!! The green movement say's carbon dioxide is enemy number 1, but what needs carbon dioxide to live? What does the thing that need carbon dioxide provide for humans and other animal life to live, oh that would be oxygen.

Don't get me wrong, this has nothing to do with anyone's poor grammar or spelling because really, who cares? It's just that there are times when I might consider paying for a few extra red down-arrows.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Who provided all the money for Houston's world renowned "Medical Center"!!! Texas Oil MEN!!! If I ever get cancer I hope I have the resources to get to MD Anderson, even through it's part of UT!! The "green" movement say's they're all about conservation, but how many Eagles, yes our mascot are kill every year my "Green windmills" do the research. If you or I kill a balled Eagle big brother will throw you in jail and throw away the key. If a "Green Windmill" kills a balled Eagle, oh well, no harm, no foul.

Tell us how you really feel.

• Upvote 2

Apogee Stadium

Congratulations, North Texas, on having the first completely LEED certified stadium… in a state full of people who make money off of oil. This would be like the Denver police department bragging about their highly effective drug dogs. It’s no wonder only 20,000 show up to watch the Mean Green, since “Mean” is probably a word used to describe anything “green” in North Texas. The .451 winning percentage since 2009 probably doesn’t help either.

tumblr_inline_mijr2kPoYU1qaqsz7_zpsb128d

• Upvote 3

About the author

Matt Meltzer is the Miami Editor for Thrillist, a veteran of the United States Marine Corps, former pageant judge in the Miss Florida America system and past contributor to Cosmopolitan magazine. In addition to Thrillist Matt is a Senior Editor for MiamiBeach411.com and professor of Business Writing at the University of Miami, where he is a member of the boxing team. Prior to Thrillist Matt was the Director of Student Housing at the Miami City Ballet School, during which time he completed two Ironman triathlons. Matt graduated with a BBA from Miami and holds a Masters in Journalism from the University of Florida. He currently lives in Miami with his Betta fish, Bob.

I mean, you can't make this stuff up. Hilarious.

Edited by Christopher Walker

You're a goober.

• Upvote 4