Kidsy for President

MeanGreen01

We don't, but if DW and Co are effectively running the offense, I think the question is a return of investment: do we burn Goree's redshirt if we don't really need him?

CUSA competition is a different level of speed that what Nicholls brought. Everyone looked like a track star last Saturday, but if we really want to stretch the field in conference play we can do it much more efficiently with Goree.

This is a critical year for the program. We need to continue to build momentum. If we win, we'll get more recruits like Goree to replace his last year.

To clarify, I think the last recruit we had as highly rated as Tee was JaMario Thomas. Interestingly, both of them came to NT while turning down offers to Colorado.

I assume you're disqualifying Riley by virtue of his relationship to the coach?

Lance Dunbar also turned down Colorado, in addition to Virginia and Okie State.

I assume you're disqualifying Riley by virtue of his relationship to the coach?

Lance Dunbar also turned down Colorado, in addition to Virginia and Okie State.

I heavily discount Riley not because the coach was his dad, but because NO ONE had him that highly rated at QB. He got his rating from projecting to be an ATH at the college level.

I completely forgot that Lance Dunbar was also about as highly rated.

• Upvote 1

Very hard to say since virtually none of them saw the field and Goree hasn't played yet. As far as high school accolades etc., it is Goree

I remember Roberson looking like an absolute animal in the Spring Game. I thought for sure we hauled in a special player. Some older alumn a few rows up from me snorted, "Well damn! Looks like we got ourselves a real D1 athlete!"

Then he never got into the game day rotation. At least, no significant PT.

Those Dodge WRs...such a head scratcher.

Edited by greenminer

Have to admit my source can be a hater sometimes. He says Ginobili sucks at basketball so he cant always be considered credible. He has however been calling for Dajon all summer saying Greer was not good. He works with the team and didn't think Rutherford looked good at all in camp. Hope he's wrong just like he was about Manu.

Have to admit my source can be a hater sometimes. He says Ginobili sucks at basketball so he cant always be considered credible. He has however been calling for Dajon all summer saying Greer was not good. He works with the team and didn't think Rutherford looked good at all in camp. Hope he's wrong just like he was about Manu.

Rutherford is also extremely lanky and raw. I wouldn't be surprised to see solid development in a year. Especially after Wintrich gets done with him

Luckily he's 2 months into his freshman year and has time to develop

If I remember correctly, the circumstances were similar when we picked up Brelan. Just saying.

Pretty different, but for some reason that's a pretty common misconception. People often refer to Brelan and Byrd as a package deal, but a package deal implies that you take one guy in order to get another. Basically, you think a guy is worth two scholarships. There was no package deal with Byrd and Chancellor because neither had any other offers. We never had to take one to get the other. We could've gotten either by themselves, but we wanted both.

As for Rutherford and Goree, I think Rutherford was a take even without Goree. Rutherford did have another offer (ULM) and would've had more if it wasn't for grade issues. He double signed with Kilgore because he was borderline on whether or not he would get in. But he is very raw and I think he was always intended to be a redshirt.

• Upvote 1