BEER?

Withers940

Dude....yes. My most recent beer obsession

I discovered El Chingon last year at Oak Street. Then I discovered the 360 cans at Lone Star Beverage in Carrollton. If you're a burgeoning beer snob, you need to check that place out. They're opening a second location in far southeast Lewisville this fall that will have all of the cans and bottles they currently offer plus a fifty tap bar with on premise consumption and growlers to go.

Hmm.. I'll give it a shot. I think I had a beer from Community over the summer at some bar in Deep Ellum that tasted like moldy grass. However, I'm not certain it was Community, and that bar was so crappy and inept, they probably haven't changed their taplines since the Eisenhower administration. Is it on tap anywhere?

I was intrigued as well. You're in luck:

FRIDAY

TAPROOM OPEN 5-9pm - Firkin Fridays!

OAK STREET DRAFT HOUSE PINT NIGHT

308 E. Oak St., Denton, TX 76201

EDIT: I guess it might not be Mosaic IPA, but at least you can try a Community brew.

Edited by UNT Five&Dime

I was intrigued as well. You're in luck:

FRIDAY

TAPROOM OPEN 5-9pm - Firkin Fridays!

OAK STREET DRAFT HOUSE PINT NIGHT

308 E. Oak St., Denton, TX 76201

EDIT: I guess it might not be Mosaic IPA, but at least you can try a Community brew.

I'll be in Dallas on Friday night indulging my daughter's reggae habit at Gas Monkey, drinking a very small amount of Lone Star. But I would expect Oak Street and Eastside to have Community beer on tap fairly regularly.

Any bar that has craft beer in Dallas should have Mosaic IPA on tap

Craft beer at a place that serves 32 ounce plastic cups and serves foods in tin brownie trays is a stretch.

That said, I'll be damned if that place doesn't get some really high caliber acts for its size. The stage area will hold maaaybe 300-400 people. The band that's playing on Friday, my daughter just saw in San Diego...in front of 20,000 people.

They just bought out Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and are getting some ever bigger acts in now. I'm going to the opener in October for Social Distortion, one of my all time iconic SoCal faves.

Edited by oldguystudent

UNTexas would like to have a word with you about your Coors comment

I would like to have a word with this savage. Coors products are greatness. The tour in Golden is the best. Besides, Smokey and the Bandit wasn't about smuggling hangover inducing shit tasting Bud products across the south. It was the Banquet beer. Colorado Cool Aid son... (I just dropped the microphone and walked off the stage.)
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Arguing the merits of bud vs coors vs miller is laughable. I'll drink my good beer at the tailgate, pick the best beer available to tide me over during the game, and return to my good beer after.

Ah, beer snobs are out. Y'all remind of the blonde kid talking up history [insert beer] at the bar in Good Will Hunting. HoustonEagle and I will out drink ya'll before, during, and after our victory Saturday. You like apples??? (And not some bs apple cider crap) Edited by UNTexas

Ah, beer snobs are out. Y'all remind of the blonde kid talking up history [insert beer] at the bar in Good Will Hunting. HoustonEagle and I will out drink ya'll before, during, and after our victory Saturday. You like apples??? (And not some bs apple cider crap)

Not a snob at all. I drink "domestic" beer frequently. At most sporting events that's what I drink because it's cheaper. The crafts, however, have more alcohol and are great for tailgating.

From a political point of view, Bud, Coors, and Miller need to be represented. Each company is local and each support NT Athletics from time to time.

Beat Southern Meth

GO MEAN GREEN

Their distributors, which are not owned by the breweries, are represented locally. Their breweries are all foreign owned. I'll support beer that's brewed, distributed, sold, and consumed by Americans for Americans. The distributors will survive just fine so long as there's beer, be it from America, Europe, Brazil, or Djibouti.

• Upvote 1