Memories of Chris Jones

Harry

med_gallery_1_141_201004.jpg

I just remember how excited everyone was when he committed. I remember how impressed we all were with his play as a true freshman, he was spectacular in the games that I saw. He seemed to be a good teammate and liked to have fun. He played with style and you were always excited when he had the ball in his hands.

It just doesn't seem right that he wouldn't finish out here his senior year. I know this has to be a bitter pill for his teammate and friend Jordan Williams.

I am sad that he is leaving the program but I wish him well. He will be missed.

This post has been promoted to an article

He definitely has talent, and I would rather have a 100% healthy and committed CJ compared to anyone else we can roll out, but at this point I would rather get a look at a new guy rather than another half hearted awkward CJ/Benford no chemistry season.

On the bright side, we are going to basically see a brand new team this year.

• Upvote 1

He definitely has talent, and I would rather have a 100% healthy and committed CJ compared to anyone else we can roll out, but at this point I would rather get a look at a new guy rather than another half hearted awkward CJ/Benford no chemistry season.

On the bright side, we are going to basically see a brand new team this year.

I don't think any player has really had chemistry with Benford, and I'm certain I have no confidence that Benford will be able to turn it around this season or the next, or any other season.

I expect Chris to be immediately impactful, wherever he winds up, since his coach will probably realize he has a Russell Westbrook-type, shoot-first PG, and tailor the offense accordingly.

Question for you all:

Which would you rather have step into Chris' empty starting PG spot?

1. Todd Eaglin - http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041614aaa.html

2. Trey Norris - http://www.goyotes.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/trey_norris_820067.html

Remember when just about everyone was on board with losing Norris for Hardwick? "Hey, if we're going to be big-time, this is the kind of move we have to make!" There were a handful of us who were very much concerned with that move.

Now, we have neither, and a huge hole to fill at the most important position on the floor.

The reigns are now firmly in the hands of Todd Eaglin. God Speed Mr. Eaglin, & forgive me for doubting. I'm pulling for you man.

I think it should be wins against D1 teams. No padding the stats with DII or NAIA.

Just about everyone schedules a d2 opponent throughout the year. Not just as an exhibition, but as part of their schedule. Johhny would regularly being in one or two division 2 schools a year.... Why suddenly are we against having a d2 school. I think we should always start the season with a d2 opponent at home. Get off to a 1-0 start.

My memory of Chris Jones? Showboating moves that led to frequent turnovers.... him failing his classes and being ineligible to play.........and now him quitting the team his senior year.

I'll never forgive he or Jordan for screwing up our last realistic shot at anything his freshman year...To me its less about him leaving and more about Benny f-ing this thing up to the point that kids would rather give up D1 athletics than be anywhere near his stupid ass.