Any info on new Mean Green helmets/uniforms?

My sister also had a Chevette. Perhaps UNT90 and I can drive it around town while sucking down Bud Lights, texting to our hearts content, and giving each other "handshakes" while the girls discuss whether or not it's OK to wear white uniforms after labor day.

Will it be the old Bud Light bottles or the newer, sleeker ones?

I would be so happy if these jerseys and helmets came back...

north-texas-vs-unlv-heart-dallas-bowl-ja

To the best of my knowledge, we will not be getting new uniforms this season. I believe the players will be selecting from our current uniforms. I do believe our helmets will be changing. I'm fairly confident our helmets will be green, with white SOWs on the sides. I don't know if the helmets will be green like last seasons or a mat finish green.

How about a version of the flying worm against SMU?

Every person I know that doesn't keep up with UNT I know said the flying worm looked terrible. I've been a fan for a long time and must agree with them. Historic for a one time throw back, great. They can now rest in peace in the 70s with shag carpet. Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To the best of my knowledge, we will not be getting new uniforms this season. I believe the players will be selecting from our current uniforms. I do believe our helmets will be changing. I'm fairly confident our helmets will be green, with white SOWs on the sides. I don't know if the helmets will be green like last seasons or a mat finish green.

Green helmets with white SOW would be my preference, especially if the white SOW was outlined in black, matching the SOW on the 50. I'd also like the existing white and green uniforms, if white numbering, lettering, and were outlined in black also. Okay, time to go see what I did with my man card.

Every person I know that doesn't keep up with UNT I know said the flying worm looked terrible. I've been a fan for a long time and must agree with them. Historic for a one time throw back, great. They can now rest in peace in the 70s with shag carpet.

Yeah. I would have preferred the apple green with the white flying worm, matching the original flying worm helmets. As long as the greens weren't going to match, we might as well have gone all out. Still looking for that man card.

Green helmets with white SOW would be my preference, especially if the white SOW was outlined in black, matching the SOW on the 50. I'd also like the existing white and green uniforms, if white numbering, lettering, and were outlined in black also. Okay, time to go see what I did with my man card.

Yeah. I would have preferred the apple green with the white flying worm, matching the original flying worm helmets. As long as the greens weren't going to match, we might as well have gone all out. Still looking for that man card.

I'm constantly amazed by our inability to create a uniform combo that actually looks good. North Texas has a great Communication Design program, yet we can't seem to ever get it right. I'm trying not to complain over a crinkled $20 bill, but I can't take it anymore. The SOW on the helmets doesn't fit correctly. The standard proportions of the eagle don't work on a helmet....at all. Please lets hire a professional to design us uniforms or hire a comm design student that would do a better job.

• Upvote 1

I'm constantly amazed by our inability to create a uniform combo that actually looks good. North Texas has a great Communication Design program, yet we can't seem to ever get it right. I'm trying not to complain over a crinkled $20 bill, but I can't take it anymore. The SOW on the helmets doesn't fit correctly. The standard proportions of the eagle don't work on a helmet....at all. Please lets hire a professional to design us uniforms or hire a comm design student that would do a better job.

Im kinda with you man. The SOW sticker looks a little lopsided. The sticker needs to be smaller or better strategically placed. I love the idea, don't get me wrong, but if you're gonna do it then do it right.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

totally agree with cdizzle86...."it doesn't fit correctly"

There is a reason they call it the flying worm, looks like it and it's awful. It looks like something from the 70's, which it is, and doesn't look even close to modern. Don't get me wrong I'm glad we had it back in the day and I can respect it as a NT fan but lets put it to bed and keep it for throwback. As for a hip and/or modern look, give me that green helmet with the over large white eagle on the side. Or we could swap those colors. The carbon fiber helmets were really nice, just wish the color on the eagle was same as the rest of the uniform and the eagle was blown up a little more. kinda like the oregon ducks wings on their helmets, something like this would be pretty cool.

Edited by MeanGreen01

No uniform change/update would be a bummer. After the black unis from last season, you would think they would roll with some kind of an addition of black into the unis for this year, especially after hearing all the positive feedback. And, especially since black appears to be used in pretty much all other UNT sports uniforms. I do hope the helmets are green with a white SOW, maybe a little smaller or something. Overall, I loved the green helmet from last year with the black SOW.

And along with the unis, how about adding some color to the football stadium? It looks pretty bare to me, so how about some additonal green stuff around the stadium, such as the SOW at various places. It looks like they're trying to keep it as some type of a general venue stadium, for other sports venues or something. Let's be aggressive & advertise UNT & be proud of the Mean GREEN!

I was told that there are talks of new uniforms. I was also told that there would be absolutely no way that they would do away with the black uniforms being that they were such a hit last year in a pivotal year.

And, most importantly, we won in them. I like winning. If we win in black, wear black.