MGB: UNT post-spring depth chart, thoughts

Brett Vito

So is Blake Bean eligible this year.

Why is Sir Calvin not even listed? Anthony Wallace?

Why would they not list James Jones as a starter at corner?

Who is Sheldon Wade?

Yes, I forgot about Sir Calvin. Seems like he is nearing the point of the whole college football world forgetting about him. Better step it up.

It will be Greer and there's nothing wrong with that.

Except that Means is better.

My "end of spring" depth chart at QB would have been McNulty, Means, and then Greer. If they had given Cousins more reps I might have put him somewhere even with Greer. I already thought, from watching him in early spring drills, that he had a better release/thowing motion. In the spring game he ran with it once and looked pretty mobile. But one play is not enough to fully assess. Shanbour has the best release/throwing motion of all of them.

Additionally, I would have put Jarrod Lynn (#98) somewhere in the three deep at the TE position. As I've said before he looks like a Miller/Prior type TE.

• Downvote 5

Spring 2-Deep doesn't mean anything? :

There was exactly 1 position in which the Week 1 Starter was different from the Spring 2 Deep Starter (DE- Chad Polk was Spring and Daryl Mason was actual starter)

Three positions on offense had different No.2s (2 WRs and RT)

Beside the starting DE - three defensive positions had different No. 2s. ( DE ,MLB and FS)

Edited by DT 90
  • Upvote 1

There was exactly 1 position in which the Week 1 Starter was different from the Spring 2 Deep Starter (DE- Chad Polk was Spring and Daryl Mason was actual starter)

Beside the starting DE - three defensive positions had different No. 2s. ( DE ,MLB and FS)

I have had just about enough of your fact based opinions with supporting documentation.

Do you know where you are?

• Upvote 5

I have had just about enough of your fact based opinions with supporting documentation.

Do you know where you are?

Man, I am so totally sorry about that. I do sometimes forget myself. I will work harder on not being that way.

• Upvote 2

For the sake of playing devil's advocate...and hoping the Wallaces and a few others find their way into the 2-deep...last year's team was far more senior-laden, especially on defense. I'd say after Spring ball, pretty much everyone knew who at least 9 or 10 starters would be without needing a released 2-deep...and the only real surprises came with the emergence of Buyers and Jones into the season.

• Upvote 1

Where are the most likely changes to occur? And I am really talking about somebody coming from off the page to challenge for a starting position, but even a flip flop of 1vs 2.

QB? Probably going to be one of the 2 listed.

OL? Not likely unless an injury occurs.

TE? Smith seems like the top guy.

WR? Possible, but whose spot?

P/K? Nah.

DL? Maybe a late qualifier?

LB? Maybe. Some talent did not make the page

CB? Don't see it

S? Doubtful

I would expect some incoming WRs to get some PT but could see a lot of others redshirting.

Looking forward to the fall. Want to see/hear good thing about front 7.

As stated above, I think Mac uses his after spring depth charts for more motivation purposes than a real evaluation. As I remember, the one released in 2013 had little resemblance other than the obvious starters to reality.

I am sorry but I am not supposed to post fact based opinions supported by documentation.

I am sorry but I am not supposed to post fact based opinions supported by documentation.

I am sorry but using 2013 is an extremely small sample size. It could have just worked out that the post spring roster was very, very close to the starting lineups for the first game. How did that work in 2012 or 2011? This would give us more information.

I am sorry but using 2013 is an extremely small sample size. It could have just worked out that the post spring roster was very, very close to the starting lineups for the first game. How did that work in 2012 or 2011? This would give us more information.

This will require fact based opinion backed up by documentation.