Hey look! Another article we can argue about!

golfingomez

I was a little upset to learn about the dismissal of Coach Wintrich, and the hiring of Edgar Winter's cat, Frank, as S&C coach. Otherwise, great article.

Edgar%2BWinter%2Bedgardesiree_thumb.jpg

I just texted this post to a player.

Called me back with people roaring in the background.

THANK YOU.

• Upvote 1

I'm wondering what the general consensus for next year is on this board. I feel like most people think we "have arrived." That McCarney worked out all the kinks in the first two years and we will maintain and keep moving upwards. Success is hard to maintain and isn't always a curve upwards, there will be bumps along the road, and unforeseen setbacks. I wouldn't be surprised to go 7-5 or 6-6 next year and hopefully comeback the year after.

As you walk into McCarney's office you can't help but see the Heart of Dallas trophy on the coffee table. "Before I came here there was only one coffee table on this campus. I literally had to build this one myself. Chopped down the tree and everything" McCarney says.

I don't know what you mean when you say "in McCarney's office".

Dan McCarney built Apogee Stadium, laying in each brick by hand and forging the steel and aluminum himself. His reward upon completion? Rick Villarreal chained him to the exterior of Apogee. When each new day breaks, awful redesigned Scrappy shambles over, and he pecks out McCarney's liver and devours it. Each night, McCarney's liver regenerates, and the process repeats, forever, each day more agonizing than the previous one.

So, my question is... Does McCarney have this coffee table next to his Apogee shackle anchors? Because if Mac has an awning or a work surface or something to ease his torment, I think someone should email Rick V. and let him know that Dan Mac's torture for bringing us such a splendid gift is not proceeding as designed.

As you walk into McCarney's office you can't help but see the Heart of Dallas trophy on the coffee table. "Before I came here there was only one coffee table on this campus. I literally had to build this one myself. Chopped down the tree and everything" McCarney says.

sleep deprivation has done wonders for your humor!

I'm wondering what the general consensus for next year is on this board. I feel like most people think we "have arrived." That McCarney worked out all the kinks in the first two years and we will maintain and keep moving upwards. Success is hard to maintain and isn't always a curve upwards, there will be bumps along the road, and unforeseen setbacks. I wouldn't be surprised to go 7-5 or 6-6 next year and hopefully comeback the year after.

I'm focused on going 1-0. If they accomplish that, what is standing in their way off reaching the first ever college football playoffs? Rice? UTSA? The Hoosiers? Ponies? Marshall in a potential CUSA Championship game? I ain't scared. As Mean Joe once said, "Bring em on, bring em all on!"

McCarney's track record shows he is one who can maintain success. Last year was good, heck, great in my opinion. But he's not satisfied and neither are any of the coaches or players.

I'd be shocked to go 6-6, every home game is winnable. If we (the fans) create a dominate home field advantage, 6-0 at home. My personal goal for this year is to #Hit9. Planning on travelling to Austin, San Antonio and Houston and attending every home game. If you don't think we "have arrived", let me remind you....

10245407_10102411947469970_5001321721883

• Upvote 1

UT, SMU, Indiana, RICE, UTSA, FAU

To me that is a 6-game swing you need to go 3-3 in. If that happens we could have another very special season.

2-4, or even 1-5, is possible in that six game swing as well. I believe this could be a 7 win team and that 2015 will be truly special...but there are key losses with BIG shoes to fill.

• Upvote 1

I think the coaches will challenge this team to carve out their own identity. That in and of itself will be fun to watch. We also left some tough goals on the table even with the magic that was last year. Four that immediately come to mind:

1. Beat the Big 12 in Austin

2. Smash the football energy of SMU early

3. Hit30K or sell it out (that is on us fans too)

4. Win CUSA

5. Revenge win in South Texas

Making the CUSA championship game would be a feat too, but we need to win that bad boy to make it into another high profile matchup.

Note...any bad scrappy design comment makes me laugh! Well done sir.

GMG

• Upvote 1

Mac's liver can't be "pecked out". He's a cyborg and has no human insides. He was programmed to act the way that he acts, but rest assured, HE'S AN F-ING MACHINE!!!!!!!

The stroke was just because some Grey Goose came in contact with a red wire.

• Upvote 1