Book and DVD from Bowl-Winning Season

*Actually if I had won the lottery I would have doubled Apogee's bid and called it Cerebus Field at DICKEY WAS RIGHT Stadium just for the trolling.

And yes, the caps lock punctuation would be officially required.

My wife and I have a pact that if we win the lottery, we'd buy the naming rights to the Alumni Pavilion in a heartbeat.

I'm happy you all are cheap and never want it to end, because I can't believe I won an autographed team item in a silent auction I was out of the country for with a measely $100 bid. Only at North Texas.

Pow. Pow.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

So paper vs. Hard is a dealbreaker???

Kinda. The thought for me would be to keep the book as a keepsake. Paperbacks just don't hold up very well.

All this said without laying eyes on one, so who knows? Maybe I'll change my mind once I see it.

• Upvote 1

I don't how much the welfare of UNT's athletic program hangs in the balance based on how many of these books and DVDs sell. Just give an extra $50 or so to the MG Club or stadium fund, and I'm sure it will do a whole lot more than buying these things.

But it sounds like a cool thing for a North Texas sports fan to have.

• Upvote 1

Who went home and watched their DVDs? I'm curious to hear reviews. I flipped through the "book" in the store. George referred to it as a "program" at the HOF event. I agree that it is more like a program/magazine than a book.

I wound up using my $ to purchase other items in the store, but if the DVD gets rave reviews, I may pick one up later.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1

That's what I was afraid of. We didn't even do it in HD on bluray and the book is really a program. Nice. Now if someone tells me that the dvd is 4 hours long and phenomenal I might change my mind. Anyone seen it yet?

This is why I said I wouldn't buy it but got obliterated. Not hardback, not Blu ray. Deal breaker. Releasing things on DVD still is akin to releasing things in 2006 on VHS.

Edited by meangreener
  • Downvote 2

It was an impressive DVD. Much like the DVD's of the 2001-2004 seasons it isn't gonna blow your mind....but those early 2000's DVD's have seen about 1,000 plays in my DVD player each just the same.

So it's impressive but doesn't blow your mind. Got it. Sounds like it's not worth the price? How long is it, an hour?

• Downvote 1