Guess what preemptively being the first asshole still makes you?

Yes, let's see now. CBL's Newtown thread began at 1:17 p.m. on that day, 3 hours and 42 minutes after the incident.

Incident this morning began at 7:15, they say, and my post was at 11:18. So, what's that...4 hours and 3 minutes afterward.

So, where does that leave us? CBL reports bad gun news faster than I report bad knife news?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"Time is the only variable now." Howard Schnellenberger, 1995, in predicting that books would be written and movies made about his turnaround of the moribund Oklahoma football program.

I thought he made that statement about Louisville winning a National Title in football.

Yes, let's see now. CBL's Newtown thread began at 1:17 p.m. on that day, 3 hours and 42 minutes after the incident.

Incident this morning began at 7:15, they say, and my post was at 11:18. So, what's that...4 hours and 3 minutes afterward.

So, where does that leave us? CBL reports bad gun news faster than I report bad knife news?

That thread took 3 pages to even start tipping into the usual debate after he posted the link without a comment. It was actually full of all sorts of people known to argue with each other grieving the lives lost and making sense of the tragedy.

In this case, you basically did a cha-cha across the headline, but if comparing yourself to CBL is what's important, you need to start reacting faster. He beat you by 21 minutes.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

That's the comparison you want to make? Ok. Here you go.

Ya. Look at all that hippie-Marxist rhetoric. Really laying it on thick.

• Upvote 1

Apple: another shooting tragedy in America and the more reasonable libs (ugh...I'll stay with such rudimentary rhetoric. since its you) respond with the notion that a reasoned conversation about gun control and the pervasive gun-culture that exists in America needs to happen, to which, the more reasonable conservatives respond that guns are not the over-riding issue, rather cultural-norms or poorly-addressed mental health issues...a discussion that would happen and likely some middle-ground found...if it weren't for the large contingent of conservatives who believe any efforts at addressing the "gun" in gun-violence are in direct opposition to their second amendment rights, will lead to some sort of lib-government-gestapo coming for all of their guns and who would...

Orange: celebrate and belittle a tragedy involving a weapon other than a gun.

So, you think they will start with banning kitchen knives from being sold over the counter at Target and Crate & Barrell first? Or, will they set their sights on hunting and fish filleting knives at Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops, and Wal Mart?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wind-assisted.

I bet things even out once we factor in bench reps, though.

I have a friend that can bench 225 like 15 times and post topical stories in less than three hours and he's not even in that good of shape.

Ironically, he died falling while peeling a potato.

• Upvote 2