Season Tickets

If I am RV...I push back from the buffet and go after next season "season tickets" NOW...sign people up NOW, don't wait...If I could , I would sign up for the next 2-3 yrs..NOW

Excellent post, my friend.

We should be building on this now. Not just a push for season tickets, but an advertising push for the 1st home game against SMU next year, complete with ticket office number and the ability to purchase tickets for that game RIGHT NOW!

I'm sure the problem will be money. But RV, now is not the time to rest. Now is the time to get George to do you last segment on the Heart of Dallas Bowl, and include that "tickets are on sale RIGHT NOW for the 1st home game September 6 against crosstown rival SMU"

Just do something. Don't waste the momentum. In 3 weeks, the memory of UNT winning a bowl game will start to fade with the casual fan.

STRIKE WHILE THE IRON IS HOT!!

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Maybe I wasn't exactly clear--I don't really disagree with what you are saying. I am not suggesting the amount be lowered, just that filling in that area needs to be a priority. I have my seats one section over on the aisle, so I sit literally 3 feet from a seat that would cost me $250 more per year in MGC donation to get. While, if I had all the money in the world I would happily give it, I don't. I don't have too much incentive to spend more to end up with really not any better seats. I know there are plenty of others like me, because those sections next to the middle two are a lot fuller.

I'm in 106 and personally love the section, great people and great atmosphere... Who doesn't love the Cooper Jones chants

• Upvote 1

Sooo...2 pages in so far, has anybody called RV about this? If this (apparently obvious, since I already mentioned something similar) idea needs to happen NOW, wouldn't it be good to make sure he was thinking in that direction? Again, it seems obvious, but he does have like a million things going on...and I've been away for years so he might not even remember me. Would somebody in fairly regular contact like to call so somebody other than message board people are guaranteed to hear of this?

I'm not one to tell another person how to do there job when they have a lot more experience than I (we) do.

I agree with this 100%

The ideas presented on the board are typically very well thought out and make incredible sense.

That said, there are always details that we fans simply aren't privy to. The best example is the decision to name Derek Thompson the starter this fall. The threads labeling this decision as poor were endless. What we fans were blind to was DT's incredible leadership & this season doesn't happen without it.

I trust that RV wants to sell season tickets desperately...my hope is that his focus is on Mac's extension and will then use that to let Mac sell season tickets.

• Upvote 3

That would be a pretty crappy bookkeeper.

Well, we saw a bit of that the last 2 weeks in the ticket office prior to the bowl game, didn't we now?

You and I are rarely on the same page which for me I see as a good thing, Mr. Here Come Da' Judge of All Good Eggs.

Signed: Father Time (and with an opinion of which most have proven to be mostly right when it concerns UNT athletics the last 40 years). On this message board or among UNT's forever career and non-NCAA FBS talent bureaucrats, it's not always the right or most popular thing to be....right.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

imagine a few season ticket prospects getting a call from Coach MaC.

"Hello."

"Hello Bob ? This is Coach Dan McCarney. How are you ? Wasn't that a great bowl win New Year's Day ? Especially for our seniors. I'm calling to see if you'd be interested in buying season tickets for next year."

"well coach, I was thinking that season tickets would be a great way to show support for North Texas as well as being a lot of fun for our family."

"You're damn right its fun. And we're going to beat the hell out of those damned Southern Meth Mustangs first home game here at Apogee."

"OK Coach. You've got a deal"

"Thanks Bob. I appreciate your commitment. Go Mean Green."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hope (or guess) we have a list of people who purchased Heart of Dallas Bowl tickets and those who aren't yet season ticket holders we offer them some sort of special deal. We can offer up some seats in the lower bowl on the edges for say $75-$100 or above the student section or wing zone for $50 or so bucks as a show of thanks and to keep them involved.

Current season ticket holders could possibly add seats on at a special rate for 2014.

I've mentioned before Kansas State has a deal where if you attend (ticket scanned) 5 of how many ever home games you get season tickets in non-premium areas for $99. I think we could offer something like that.

Edited by smoothfresh
  • Upvote 3

Mr. Here Come Da' Judge of All Good Eggs.

Dig at me all you want, I'll lose no sleep and shed no tears. But I promise that if you knew the guy, on this issue we would agree.

I'm kind of an organ on this board and in real life. Doesn't mean I can't admire the solid character of another person who shares none of those qualities.

Edit: lol at the board auto correct to organ!

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1

Mention the installment payout part to Silver E. on the way home from the HOD, Jack.....but would that become a bookkeeper's nightmare?

Young families would probably love that idea, too.

ogs is right Jim, even a crappy bookkeeper could handle installment accounting. They have my card # on file anyway so it's just a monthly entry according to the plan.

We're getting too old, Plumm. Just about all traces of manual bookkeeping have vanished.

• Upvote 2

Another long time viewer, rare poster here. Not a season ticket holder... Yet. I asked the ticket office about 2014 tickets when I picked up my bowl tickets and was told that the 2014 packages would be ready in February. I'm good with it... No chance of "memory fade" before then. Can't wait for Labor Day weekend in Austin and the whoopin we'll deliver to SMU in the home opener. After HOD experience, the better half (also alum) is on board, too. Any advice for first time season ticket purchase?

Have been watching Mean Green evolution from afar since the jump to Division I, and it's been a slow, tough journey. In reflection, I'm amazed at all the things this university has done in preparation for the here and now. Let's keep the throttle down and bring home a conference championship. GMG.

• Upvote 2

"Thanks Bob. I appreciate your commitment. Go Mean Green."

This is where I was going too. If the coach and the wins were enough we wouldn't need the marketing people/budget/etc. If they (coach and wins) really are enough, then we need to stop wasting money on billboards and salaries for the marketing and sales segment of the staff. But I doubt it.

Care to elaborate?

What better sales pitch than to lock up the coach who's turned around the program and then in his contract extension press conference allow him to sell the program and supporting through season ticket purchases?

That's a great sales pitch...

To the people who populate this board and no one else.

A contract extension means very little to the casual fan. A bowl win means a lot, and we should be capitalizing on THAT.

I hope (or guess) we have a list of people who purchased Heart of Dallas Bowl tickets and those who aren't yet season ticket holders we offer them some sort of special deal. We can offer up some seats in the lower bowl on the edges for say $75-$100 or above the student section or wing zone for $50 or so bucks as a show of thanks and to keep them involved.

Current season ticket holders could possibly add seats on at a special rate for 2014.

I've mentioned before Kansas State has a deal where if you attend (ticket scanned) 5 of how many ever home games you get season tickets in non-premium areas for $99. I think we could offer something like that.

My confidence in the ticket office to be this forward thinking is 0%.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Dig at me all you want, I'll lose no sleep and shed no tears. But I promise that if you knew the guy, on this issue we would agree.

I'm kind of an organ on this board and in real life. Doesn't mean I can't admire the solid character of another person who shares none of those qualities.

Edit: lol at the board auto correct to organ!

Agreeing on issues? Now that I can drink to! 04-cheers.gif

ogs....this board is nothing to me but a sports bar where it gets loud and boisterous at times. Please....nothing really ever personal even though it comes off that way at times. When I'm over the top (and I admit I am from time to time), it's usually because my blood sugar is close to or is spiking which for me lately has been too often. In fact, it's time for another finger stick. DamnType 2 D! It's a curse! :(:)

I know who you are from others and know you're a damn great North Texas alum and Mean Green fan. 04-cheers.gif................................................. I keep on trying to be.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2