Tickets not Mailed

Nosretep

I ordered 2 tickets by phone two weeks ago (12/16). The ticket agent offered a parking pass for $20, which sounded like a good idea to me - remove a variable. The pass is supposedly for Lot 12C by the way, so it is pretty close. I was told it would be mailed to me, so everything should be easy.

By last Friday I was getting concerned that they had not arrived (some neighbors were reporting mail tampering), so I called back and was told there was a delay in mailing out the tickets (apparently they were not mailed until 12/24), and that I should not worry about it unless I did not get them by Saturday.

Now that it's Monday and my tickets have not arrived, I called back and was told that the North Texas mail office shut down without telling the ticket office and that I need to either pick them up at the Omni Hotel in Dallas or at the Will Call (Gate J). Apparently I could have chosen to have them sent by FedEx for $10, but I do not remember being told that a few weeks ago.

Getting to downtown tonight or tomorrow to pick them up would be difficult for me. I would rather have my tickets now, but the will call would be fine if not for my parking pass. I asked if I could just go to a cash lot and get refunded the cost of the parking pass, but they said the only thing I could do is go out to the street and sell it...

I'm quite disappointed in the ticket office - why did they not at least tell me they would not be mailing it out after all? Why even give me the option to pick up my parking pass after I am already there? I suppose that should teach me not to pay for parking in advance...

• Upvote 2

I have no idea of knowing but I just think they've been swamped over there the last week with not enough manpower. Might be wrong--but that's my guess. Still doesn't make it right for you guys, though.

Show proof of errors and let UNT give you some kind of percs in lieu of?

not lack of manpower.

• Upvote 1

I ordered 2 tickets by phone two weeks ago (12/16). The ticket agent offered a parking pass for $20, which sounded like a good idea to me - remove a variable. The pass is supposedly for Lot 12C by the way, so it is pretty close. I was told it would be mailed to me, so everything should be easy.

By last Friday I was getting concerned that they had not arrived (some neighbors were reporting mail tampering), so I called back and was told there was a delay in mailing out the tickets (apparently they were not mailed until 12/24), and that I should not worry about it unless I did not get them by Saturday.

Now that it's Monday and my tickets have not arrived, I called back and was told that the North Texas mail office shut down without telling the ticket office and that I need to either pick them up at the Omni Hotel in Dallas or at the Will Call (Gate J). Apparently I could have chosen to have them sent by FedEx for $10, but I do not remember being told that a few weeks ago.

Getting to downtown tonight or tomorrow to pick them up would be difficult for me. I would rather have my tickets now, but the will call would be fine if not for my parking pass. I asked if I could just go to a cash lot and get refunded the cost of the parking pass, but they said the only thing I could do is go out to the street and sell it...

I'm quite disappointed in the ticket office - why did they not at least tell me they would not be mailing it out after all? Why even give me the option to pick up my parking pass after I am already there? I suppose that should teach me not to pay for parking in advance...

I had the same problem with SIXTY FOUR tickets...had to drive to Denton from Dallas to get em....bummer

• Upvote 2

I'm sure it's anyone's fault but the athletic department.

Prepare for more of these stories.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My wife just commented it's sad the excitement of going to a bowl game is being cut by all of the ticket problems.

After we got six wins, the athletic department knew we were going to a bowl game. Why they made no effort to plan to sell tickets is simply amazing. Why they didn't know the campus post office that has closed for Christmas early since I was in school back in the 70s was going to close again this year defies all logic.

• Upvote 3

I was in the same boat but decided to take time off from work today and drive up to Denton instead of going to Will Call on game day. I'm glad I did. I had ordered and paid for 19 tickets but when I opened the envelope there were only 18 tickets in it. Since there were not any open seats left in that section, they had to issue me all new seats so they would all be together. I couldn't imagine trying to work this out at Will Call just before kick-off. I don't understand how we can afford to hire a Head of Basketball Operations but can't afford to hire a Ticket Office Manager.

• Upvote 1

I was told via FedEx. Thus the $5 fee per ticket for shipping.

In the same boat. I'm forced to pick up my tickets at Gate J at the Cotton Bowl. I paid the FedEx fee on 12/18 when I purchased my tickets.

Got5,

did you pay $5, per your post on Christmas? or the FedEx fee, per your post earlier today?

as discussed on another thread, the main ticket problem appears to be a $5 vs $10 (FedEx) fee. If you're in the latter group, you are the first to publicly post that you failed to receive tickets via FedEx after paying the $10 FedEx ticket fee... which makes the ticket fiasco even more interesting.

From the few statements I've seen from the AD and other posts on this board, it seemed that folks who paid $5 seemed to be the ones who didn't receive tickets. Most of these talked to Coleman and Eddie on the phone. Who did you purchase from? TIA for the valuable input.

Either way, it doesn't ultimately matter. The ball was dropped BIG time during this whole process by our entire athletic department

• Upvote 2

as discussed on another thread, the main ticket problem appears to be a $5 vs $10 (FedEx) fee. If you're in the latter group, you are the first to publicly post that you failed to receive tickets via FedEx after paying the $10 FedEx ticket fee... which makes the ticket fiasco even more interesting.

From the few statements I've seen from the AD and other posts on this board, it seemed that folks who paid $5 seemed to be the ones who didn't receive tickets. Most of these talked to Coleman and Eddie on the phone. Who did you purchase from? TIA for the valuable input.

Either way, it doesn't ultimately matter. The ball was dropped BIG time during this whole process by our entire athletic department

I was (as well as others on the board) personally told by the ticket office that this was caused by the UNT post office being closed on Friday. So was it a miscommunication between the ticket agents and the alumni OR was it a miscommunication between the ticket office and the post office? Is the ticket office lying to us or did they screw-up on multiple fronts?

Ah, so I see - I looked at the most recent posts for a similar one and did not see it on the first page. That's probably a good thing as there are a lot of good things. I don't want to dwell on the hiccups, but I did want to air my issues in case others are affected. I should have known it was already well covered. Thanks Mean Green 93-98 for the link to FFR's post.

I think I've decided to just eat the parking pass cost. That costs less than the hassle it would be for me to pick it up tomorrow. And no, I won't be "selling it on the road" :roadrage:

• Upvote 1

Ah, so I see - I looked at the most recent posts for a similar one and did not see it on the first page. That's probably a good thing as there are a lot of good things. Idon't want to dwell on the hiccups, but I did want to air my issues in case others are affected. I should have known it was already well covered. Thanks Mean Green 93-98 for the link to FFR's post.

I think I've decided to just eat the parking pass cost. That costs less than the hassle it would be for me to pick it up tomorrow. And no, I won't be "selling it on the road" :roadrage:

I'm told that airing your grievances on a fan message board, read almost exclusively by fellow North Texas supporters, makes you nothing more than a malcontent. Don't you have RV's personal cell number?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Ah, so I see - I looked at the most recent posts for a similar one and did not see it on the first page. That's probably a good thing as there are a lot of good things. I don't want to dwell on the hiccups, but I did want to air my issues in case others are affected. I should have known it was already well covered. Thanks Mean Green 93-98 for the link to FFR's post.

I hope you and your family are doing well.

--Sean

Got5,

did you pay $5, per your post on Christmas? or the FedEx fee, per your post earlier today?

I bought mine on the 18th from Roy and also did not receive them. I was told they were to be mailed on the twentieth by Fedex.

• Upvote 1

I received a call today from the ticket office to see if I had picked up my tickets...at least they called...

Wait...they called to ask you if you picked up your tickets...from them?

Seriously, this just seems like a huge lack of organization. Let's see:

1) Some people who used FedEx didn't get their tickets.

2) Some people who used FedEx got their tickets.

3) Some people who didn't use FedEx didn't get their tickets.

4) Some people who didn't use FedEx got their tickets.

This doesn't seem like basic miscommunication or like one specific option turned out to not work for whatever reason. If we move back soon and they want to pay for a ticket office manager, I'll do it cheap as long as the hours aren't excessive enough to prevent me from still working from home on my other stuff. I'm totally serious, too. UNT could lose a lot of money if these "hiccups" continue so if they want somebody to be annoyingly over-organized to avoid recurrences...well, I'm annoyingly over-organized. ;) Not that any of this matters since this is a message board, but hey, it's a thought.

• Upvote 2