New UNT Uniforms

Eagle915

Mean GREEN = all GREEN uniforms. Or at least the majority being GREEN. Just say NO to the black uniforms... WE ARE THE MEAN GREEN!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Sorry, but "all green" just looks bad with our particular shade of green. It's too much. It reminds me of Oregon's all-yellow uniforms.

I'm glad it's a look we never wore this season.

Don't get me wrong, I like our shade of green. But It just "burns" too much when it's on the jerseys and the pants at the same time. Put that green jersey with some black pants though, and I think it'd look pretty sweet.

I'm also a fan of our all-black unis. Those are pretty sweet -- especially in person.

• Upvote 2

Adding all black into our regularly worn uniforms is as silly as when Simon/Helwig added navy blue. Our colors are green and white. Period. There are plenty of variations that look great. The black ones were a cool addition for Halloween and I understand why they wore them again. However, it's a once in a while gimmick.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

Wrong. Our colors are green, white, and black.

https://identityguide.unt.edu/create-our-look/color

There is black in the trim. Always has been. But it's not the primary color. Neither is the vomit green yellow on your link.

More over, who the hell calls our team "The Mean Black" or "The Mean White"? This university has had branding issues for far too long.

We should beg to have them change the add campaign to black light to greatness or white light to greatness.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

If your going to change helmets then it needs to be unique. The stylized eagle feathers of Oregon is no longer unique. As mentioned, even high schools are doing that now. With that being said, go with the black SOW or the interlocking NT because they're unique and both look good.

• Upvote 3

There is black in the trim. Always has been. But it's not the primary color. Neither is the vomit green yellow on your link.

You drifted off into the accent colors. Like it or not, the official university colors are currently green, white, and black.

Black has not always been included in the trim. Black used to be listed as a tertiary color, but was promoted at some point. There is definitely more tradition behind the green and white.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 2

You drifted off into the accent colors. Like it or not, the official university colors are currently green, white, and black.

Black has not always been included in the trim. Black used to be listed as a tertiary color, but was promoted at some point. There is definitely more tradition behind the green and white.

Agree about the tradition part. But I think having black as a lesser-used primary color keeps our options open for cool stuff like our blackout uniforms this year. We got two special uniforms in one year, how cool is that?

• Upvote 4

Wrong. Our colors are green, white, and black.

https://identityguide.unt.edu/create-our-look/color

I like this part of.your link best....

Avoid using colors that might create confusion with other regional and state university school colors. For example:

Burnt orange and white (UT Austin)

Maroon and white (Texas A&M)

Red and black (Texas Tech)

Blue and orange (UTA)

Purple and white (TCU)

Red, white and blue (SMU)

I wonder, is it possible this statement reminding not to use other school's colors came about in response to a 5 year long, one-man protest against the Helwig regime changing our school colors to orange and blue?

In fact, along with writing protest articles in the DRC I remember that crazy bastard standing up and holding a large, professionally made banner during timeouts at the men's basketball games during the Jankovich era that asked....

"How Did We Get Burnt-Orange and Rice Blue from Glory To The Green?"

Anyone else remember that guy? Since then, the university not only righted that blight by getting rid of the burnt-orange and blue but now protects the green and white AND warns against anyone producing products and marketing material for North Texas using anyone else's colors.

Amazing.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mean GREEN = all GREEN uniforms. Or at least the majority being GREEN. Just say NO to the black uniforms... WE ARE THE MEAN GREEN!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

I have to agree. Although I love the special occasion black uniforms, I think it looks stupid wearing all black when our team name says we are green. It doesn't make sense. I'm all for having black as a trim color, and it would make our uniforms look so much better than just plain green & white. I don't think we have the kind of winning tradition to pull in good recruits with such a boring looking uniform, like some other schools can do. Of course, winning can solve that issue, but why not throw a little extra pizzaz in our look to make more recruits want to come play here. Get rid of the rediculous "North Texas" on the helmets, put the SOW on it with maybe NT with the SOW, add some black accent to the unis, and we're done. Not sure why this is so difficult for the decision makers to realize we need this change.

• Upvote 1

Adding all black into our regularly worn uniforms is as silly as when Simon/Helwig added navy blue. Our colors are green and white. Period. There are plenty of variations that look great. The black ones were a cool addition for Halloween and I understand why they wore them again. However, it's a once in a while gimmick.

Agree here, but I think black should be thrown in as an accent since it is one of our colors, and since all other UNT sports teams use it in their unis. I also think the black looks killer with our color green. I think these problems can all boil down to our branding issue of "Mean Green" instead of our actual mascot, the Eagle. We have the SOW, our fight song says we're the Eagles, so why Mean Green? Hey, it's a great nickname & I love it, but when you call yourselves the Mean Green, you better be Mean (because it sounds stupid if you're not), & you better be Green.

I have to agree. Although I love the special occasion black uniforms, I think it looks stupid wearing all black when our team name says we are green. It doesn't make sense. I'm all for having black as a trim color, and it would make our uniforms look so much better than just plain green & white. I don't think we have the kind of winning tradition to pull in good recruits with such a boring looking uniform, like some other schools can do. Of course, winning can solve that issue, but why not throw a little extra pizzaz in our look to make more recruits want to come play here. Get rid of the rediculous "North Texas" on the helmets, put the SOW on it with maybe NT with the SOW, add some black accent to the unis, and we're done. Not sure why this is so difficult for the decision makers to realize we need this change.

We just need a modern all green jersey. Black for special occasions.

Also, arguably our most publicized game ever and we are wearing the SOW on the helmet. No excuses on the whole "People need to know who we are," anymore. If the SOW is on the helmet for this, it should be every week.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Stupid is as stupid does. Maybe we are just getting with the times...

Red Raiders

2819521322_9fa33c15da.jpg

Blue Devils

PJTDVDXITUMAOQN.20120916044643_display_i

Blue Raiders

USATSI_4880100-675x380.jpg

Red Wolves

2013-arkansas-state-gray-black-uniforms-

Crimson Tide

new-black-alabama-nike-uniform-675x380.j

Golden Eagles

64015_Rice_Southern_Miss_Football_large_

Green Wave

2013-tulane-new-football-uniforms-620x41

There may be others, but this was what I came up with off the top of my head.

• Upvote 5