SMU came to play leading UCF 10-3

Harry

AAC has one more bowl slot to fill. And to whoever said there was no way UCF would lose (and that somehow if they did they'd still be ranked higher than Louisville?!)...guess we'll see how this ends...

• Upvote 1

AAC has one more bowl slot to fill. And to whoever said there was no way UCF would lose (and that somehow if they did they'd still be ranked higher than Louisville?!)...guess we'll see how this ends...

Isn't that irrelevant? UCF has the tiebreaker over Louisville. Even if UCF loses they still win the AAC and get the last auto bid.

• Upvote 1

Isn't that irrelevant? UCF has the tiebreaker over Louisville. Even if UCF loses they still win the AAC and get the last auto bid.

Yeah, they would, but it was when it looked like NIU would still get a bid if ranked higher than them and somebody said there was no way they could be ranked lower than a team that they beat. UCF is in for sure and NIU is out for sure, so aside from the miniscule chance that 7 teams ranked above Fresno drop when they (presumably) beat USU, it won't matter. It's just good for everyone to know that beating a team doesn't guarantee you'll be ranked higher than them. If that was the case, if SMU wins today they'd be above UCF.

• Upvote 1

Crowd of 23,511 enjoying the game.

They must all be in suites. But let's not kid ourselves... In this weather we'd have the same issue if only because the roads being the way they are, would make it tough to get to. Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 1

I think they were referring to the possibility of SMU going to HoD, not what happens to UCF.

I don't think SMU has "THAT" kind of pull especially since it appears to me that there are few (if any) apparent SMU'ers on the HOD Bowl's Board of Directors.

North Texas has more star power this Fall, ie, a 1000 yard MG running back, nationally ranked return guy Brelan Chancellor, a ferocious, hard hitting Mean Green "D", etc, etc, etc and that (among other reasons) why I think the HOD Bowl people attended our last 3 home games (unless they suddenly over-night became Mean Green fans).