I'd rather lose...

meangreener

Than be represented by a team like UTSA. I'm not even kidding.

Every time I, or any other person in that student section, think of UTSA, they'll immediately go back to that disgustingly trashy team and the fact that they ran out to the field and directly began flipping off the student section. It's the "U" mentality Coker was famous for at Miami but I would be disgusted to be represented by them.

This loss hurts. They were more pumped up and more energetic and outplayed us completely. They were the better team. But they were an embarrassment to their school in sportsmanship.

We did lose. Yes, it hurts. Maybe they were the better team today because they had more fire. And maybe the condescension of their program from our side fueled that fire. In any case, they did not piss on our field like a certain Rice player did. They beat Tulane and they beat us. They simply want respect. We also want respect. Larry Coker, the two time national coach of the year, simply had them ready to take what they wanted. And they did. My people can tell you, history favors victory more than sportmanship.

• Upvote 4

We did lose. Yes, it hurts. Maybe they were the better team today because they had more fire. And maybe the condescension of their program from our side fueled that fire. In any case, they did not piss on our field like a certain Rice player did. They beat Tulane and they beat us. They simply want respect. We also want respect. Larry Coker, the two time national coach of the year, simply had them ready to take what they wanted. And they did. My people can tell you, history favors victory more than sportmanship.

agreed...damn...what a kick in the nuts.

we looked flat...UTSA had more "fire in the belly" tonight. Hats off to the Roadrunners...they brought it...while we were asleep at the wheel.

• Upvote 2

Remember the bench clearing brawl between Miami and FIU? Guess who was the head coach of Miami? He never has control over his players and they act like thugs. Do I need to bring up the Kellen Winslow II interview after the Miami vs Tennessee game? Straight thug. He lets his players act like Undisciplined hooligans.

I'm a F*CKIN SOLDIER!!! people trying to hurt me? I'll kill them!!!

... at least that's what i remember

Than be represented by a team like UTSA. I'm not even kidding.

Every time I, or any other person in that student section, think of UTSA, they'll immediately go back to that disgustingly trashy team and the fact that they ran out to the field and directly began flipping off the student section. It's the "U" mentality Coker was famous for at Miami but I would be disgusted to be represented by them.

This loss hurts. They were more pumped up and more energetic and outplayed us completely. They were the better team. But they were an embarrassment to their school in sportsmanship.

I was on the UTSA sideline. The UNT student section were being just as "trashy." They said stuff to me as i passed by wearing my UTSA gear, but i let it slide because both are young. It's just part of the game. That's what happens when you have the student section near the visiting team - that's why you want them there, right? To be a distraction to the opponent.

• Upvote 3

I was on the UTSA sideline. The UNT student section were being just as "trashy." They said stuff to me as i passed by wearing my UTSA gear, but i let it slide because both are young. It's just part of the game. That's what happens when you have the student section near the visiting team - that's why you want them there, right? To be a distraction to the opponent.

Are you dense?

Difference is, we're not the players.

Also, the U sign? How embarrassing.

• Downvote 2

When you are getting paid (through tuition, etc) to represent your school its a bit different. Come on. Seriously.

The UTSA players started talking crap to the students the second they ran onto the field. First time I've ever seen a team do that.

And do the UTSA players know they go to a community college and not a university?

And you wonder why they talked crap to your crowd? These guy's have the internet. They have more than likely read or heard about the stuff NT fans have spewed in the last week or two.

You cry about the players attitudes and demand respect yet most of your fans including yourself haven't earned it. Respect is earned.

Just from what I've read or seen from NT fans on the internet since UTSA moved to CUSA and even as far back as when they were awarded a football program, I sincerely the fans sat on their hands and said nothing to the players.

What NT fans fail to realize is that a self of entitlement doesn't make you entitled.

Edited by Josh Rfer

Are you dense?

Difference is, we're not the players.

So regular students are not expected to act mature and represent their university with integrity.

Anyway, I'm not even tryin to fight here. Im just sayin both sides were jawing at each other, and it was just as bad on forums and message boards.

But game over. UTSA wins. Im done.

• Upvote 1

Rule number 1: you don't interact with opposing fans, no matter how pissed you are. Did you not play football?

Reminds me a little of the tradition with the guards at Buckingham Palace. If you go there, people always try to get a reaction out if the guards, but they don't respond. They aren't supposed to, but people try to get them to. It's accepted and expected. It's part of the gig. It'd be a little shocking to have a guard suddenly go off. Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1