Interesting UNT vs. UTSA Stat Analysis

Harry

Actually amazed at how close the two teams are statistically.

We really need a big game from DT. Accuracy and no bone-headed picks and we will be fine. To me that will be key. Sustained drives and DT throwing the ball like he did the first half of the year.

Expect Brelan to set us up with good field position at least once if not more and for us to take advantage. And our front four is really coming along nicely in regards to pressure.

It will be a tough game for sure, but just do what we have been doing and we'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

Our punt returner was 1st team all WAC last year with 2 TDs and a healthy average but he has been sub par this season. No doubt UNT has the edge in the return game with Chancellor alone. Hopefully we practiced kicking out of bounds and keeping the ball out of his hands during the bye week

nah...i hope ya didn't...

They didn't include 4th down stats. I don't know if that's by design, but I feel strongly about us being much better in that area (defensively).

Basically, the folks predicting a 3pt win for UTSA forget that UNT has a thing for scoring in all 3 phases of the game. Come to think, a lot of coaches UNT has played have had a thing for missing that UNT scores in all 3 phases of the game.

What I don't understand is that we have scored 21 or more in every game, but somehow UTSA thinks they will be the team to hold us below that? That is crazy talk!

Well they are assuming that we wont score on special teams or defense. Their basis is our offense just isn't that good. I say its good enough to score more point than them and that's all that matters.

Both teams seem to be getting stronger as the year goes on. Not to criticize Derek, but I think Souza may be their only advantage (albeit an important one). If Souza gets rattled, they are finished and the rout is on.

Our entire D has a real attitude and confidence right now that doesn't show on paper. They will ratchet up the hitting on saturday. Our OL and DL is much better IMO. I can only see losing this game at home if we lose the turnover battle. I hope Mac drives this point home with the players.