Busting North Texas Football Myths

meangreener

After a meeting with who ???

I'm not disclosing anything yet until I have official word that it is cool to do so and when I have a more solid plan. So that people don't run with my idea and take it in places we don't want it to go, I am not going to completely disclose the details of the project until we've done it but I will keep people updated on what is going on. I'm just taking it slowly, carefully and professionally to make sure this doesn't fail or go in the wrong direction. If I can get divisions of UNT on board, this will be all the more successful. So just hang on.

I will say our goal is likely the Rice or UTEP game, but we will continue to push & market to fill all the games.

In other news, we have changed the twitter name to @FillApogee so it's more UNT related but the official campaign is still "#hit30k" and #fillapogee.

This is going to be a student marketing thing likely though, my goal is to not just fold up camp if we fail or hit or goal, to keep going. I plan for Mythbusters to be only one part of the marketing campaign, for this year specifically.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 3

I'm not disclosing anything yet until I have official word that it is cool to do so and when I have a more solid plan. So that people don't run with my idea and take it in places we don't want it to go, I am not going to completely disclose the details of the project until we've done it but I will keep people updated on what is going on. I'm just taking it slowly, carefully and professionally to make sure this doesn't fail or go in the wrong direction. If I can get divisions of UNT on board, this will be all the more successful. So just hang on.

I will say our goal is likely the Rice or UTEP game, but we will continue to push & market to fill all the games.

In other news, we have changed the twitter name to @FillApogee so it's more UNT related but the official campaign is still "#hit30k" and #fillapogee.

This is going to be a student marketing thing likely though, my goal is to not just fold up camp if we fail or hit or goal, to keep going. I plan for Mythbusters to be only one part of the marketing campaign, for this year specifically.

Really appreciate the fact that you are taking the lead in doing something positive. I applaud your efforts and appreciate why you are keeping Somme details private. Very wise decision. Nice to see some folks doing something other than telling other people what they should do. Well done young man, well done. Very excited to hear about the project and progress as you deem appropriate.

• Upvote 1

Good stuff Ryan.

• Upvote 1

Just FILL the place up until it is PACKed to the point where we HIT30K or more in attendance. If it is one or three separate hashtags that help get people there, then who cares which one it is. :) Three may be better than one.

Also, if anyone has not done so, please go to the LivingSocial deal and share it on Facebook, tweet it, etc. It currently shows 97 have purchased.

• Upvote 2

I'm planning on working with some organizations on campus (meeting with them soon) for a student attendance campaign I'm titling "Busting North Texas Football Myths" and likely some other similar ones that I'm going to try to distribute to campus in between classes, in all the dorms, and all bulletin boards. The point behind it is methodically dismantling every football myth that students have about our football team in an effort to get students interested. I'm gonna make a bunch of different posters so I need as many Busted Myths as y'all can come up with. I have a few, but would love suggestions.

I'm also planning on putting #hit30K on all the posters so whoever came up with that let me know if you don't want me to.

A student led and on-campus grass roots effort to get this attendance thing solved once and for all. :goodjob:

To quote Shaft (from the movies and song fame) and to answer the question......."can you dig it? Well...... "I can dig it!" :thumbsu:

Go for the gusto, meangreener! 04-cheers.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Just left the stadium store. I went to pick up some tickets for 2 extra I got coming tomorrow. In just the 10 short minutes I was there , 5 people bought a total of 22 tickets. I think it's a good sign. I was thinking we'd only see 15K Saturday, but I'm starting to reconsider

This is probably just half the info , but apparently there is an extra 5,000 tickets for parent's ? Is this parent's weekend. If so , attendance could see a boost

Get 20k this week , win a few & shoot for 25k next home game.

• Upvote 1

Just left the stadium store. I went to pick up some tickets for 2 extra I got coming tomorrow. In just the 10 short minutes I was there , 5 people bought a total of 22 tickets. I think it's a good sign. I was thinking we'd only see 15K Saturday, but I'm starting to reconsider

This is probably just half the info , but apparently there is an extra 5,000 tickets for parent's ? Is this parent's weekend. If so , attendance could see a boost

Get 20k this week , win a few & shoot for 25k next home game.

:thumbsu: Yes! (And I think it is, in deed, Parents Weekend).

Shoot for the moon and hit the barn? Then put em' all on top the barn roof! SRO style!

All this after 8 losing seasons in a row could get pretty impressive fairly fast if we merely have a plan in place to follow.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1