Vegas lines for UNT Idaho game as of 8.25.13

Harry

I would take Idaho +15.

I still think we win

I just find it interesting that we would be considered 15-point favorites against anyone right now....after a big win against Idaho maybe...

But then again, these Vegas guys are right a LOT more than they are wrong...

With the temperature game day predicted to be around 100 degrees, I think the weather will be a factor. At any rate, with apologies to you guys (and Clint Eastwood), I hope the Idaho potatoes bake my day.

• Upvote 1

Idaho was bad last year YES...really really bad YES They won 1 game against a winless NO, the Aggies were not winless NMST team. NT is one of the most experienced teams in the nation. Idaho is inexperienced NOT REALLY and on the road YES, what's new there? On the road a lot.. I think 15 is low. I'm marking this a play.Depends how you go on that 15, iIdaho and 15 you are smart, UNT and -15 you may regret.

I added comments and fixed a few things. Question. In 2011, the first year for Mac as your HC did you win a few? Did you surprise a few? Did you have new players in the program? Was it a whole new culture? Were others saying before the kick off of the 2011 season the same things you and others are now saying about a new HC, new players (big infusion of JC guys) and new attitude that is planted in Moscow? Just say'n. I believe you need to think before you plunk it down, my friend.

• Upvote 2

I added comments and fixed a few things. Question. In 2011, the first year for Mac as your HC did you win a few? Did you surprise a few? Did you have new players in the program? Was it a whole new culture? Were others saying before the kick off of the 2011 season the same things you and others are now saying about a new HC, new players (big infusion of JC guys) and new attitude that is planted in Moscow? Just say'n. I believe you need to think before you plunk it down, my friend.

Apologies, not sure how I missed their win over Sacramento St. Last I saw Phil Steele had Idaho at 98 and NT at 17 in terms of returning starters.

Apologies, not sure how I missed their win over Sacramento St. Last I saw Phil Steele had Idaho at 98 and NT at 17 in terms of returning starters.

Oh, no problem. That was a FCS win. But, your 2011 team was a surprise to many. Very similar with what Mac did and what Petrino has done. Often those first year total remodel jobs are a shocker, especially early. Idaho and 15 or the Eagles and minus 15? Think it over.

• Upvote 2

Joey, you've been respectful while posting on here and have given us some good insight about your team, but you have shown a lot of optimism based on your homerism.

We're homers too, I know I am, and we all have moments where our team-color tinted shades blind us from reality.

However, this should be a game we win easily. We return a lot of starters on both sides of the ball and didn't have any major losses, save for maybe our first-team all-conference center and our tight end.

You guys are coming off a 1-11 season, you lost your leading receiver, rusher, qb, and your top 7 tacklers from your defense. And you're breaking in a freshman qb playing 2,000 miles from home, as well as plenty of new starters particularly on defense.

As for our first year with Coach Mac, we did play well but all but one of our wins came against teams who finished lower than us in the conference and had losing records. The other win was a home game against an Indiana Hoosiers team that finished 1-11.

Also, in his first game coach Mac and our guys looked pitiful on the road against Florida international. His tenure didn't start off great on the road, that's for sure.

Again, I mean no disrespect to you or your team which coach Petrino seems to be doing a good job of turning around, but we should beat you guys and handily. Especially in the first game. That doesn't mean you guys can't have a good first season with Petrino or that he isn't really leading you guys in the right direction.

I will root for Idaho after we hammer them on the last day of the month. I don't predict a blowout because UNT has not blown anyone out since that Blue Raider embarrassment on a rainy Denton day. I hope for a solid win and 1-0 record in a few short days!

GMG

• Upvote 1

Not to mention your team will wonder which circle of Hell they landed in when they get off the plane.

I actually did laugh out loud when I read your post. It's very true as well. I have a headache from the damn heat today and it's going to be 102 next Saturday. Our guys have been practicing in this nonsense all month and their entire lives as well. There is no way to prepare for this crap just like we cannot prepare for serious cold. It will help our guys out. Beer and grills are the only way to defeat this heat.

• Upvote 1

The WR who transferred out will be missed, that is for sure. Mention of losing a QB at the top of this page. He was booted near the end of the season for off field issues. RBs -- got plenty. Leading tacklers? Geezus, what he has brought in easily replaced them with better skill, speed and attitude. A RSF QB is starting. It is quite a bit different than a true frosh kid. Heat? Oh yeah, I know and so does Petrino what that is going to be like. Humidity is biggest factor and I am not sure what that will be like Saturday. My niece is in Irving, and has been there for six years. She is an Idaho native. Told me the other day, the humidity has not been as bad as other years. But of course, she is used to it now. Hey, we do have heat up here in the summer. It is in the 90's. The Palouse can bake too in August. I guess we should punt and save the equipment. LOL. See you guys soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BillySee58 said:

You guys are coming off a 1-11 season(Correct. That unraveled quickly. HC fired.) , you lost your leading receiver(Will be missed, for sure), rusher(not a factor), qb(Oh, please. Glad he is gone. Horrible off field issues.), and your top 7 tacklers(replaced with far better JC players) from your defense. And you're breaking in a(RSF) freshman qb playing 2,000 miles from home(we are on the road a lot), as well as plenty of new starters(thank God we got them) particularly on defense.

Edited by joeyvee
  • Upvote 2

Idaho was bad last year...really really bad. They won 1 game against a winless NMST team. NT is one of the most experienced teams in the nation. Idaho is inexperienced and on the road. I think 15 is low. I'm marking this a play.

You should never bet on a team in which you are personally invested.

Clouds your judgement.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1