Vegas lines for UNT Idaho game as of 8.25.13

Harry

The WR who transferred out will be missed, that is for sure. Mention of losing a QB at the top of this page. He was booted near the end of the season for off field issues. RBs -- got plenty. Leading tacklers? Geezus, what he has brought in easily replaced them with better skill, speed and attitude. A RSF QB is starting. It is quite a bit different than a true frosh kid. Heat? Oh yeah, I know and so does Petrino what that is going to be like. Humidity is biggest factor and I am not sure what that will be like Saturday. My niece is in Irving, and has been there for six years. She is an Idaho native. Told me the other day, the humidity has not been as bad as other years. But of course, she is used to it now. Hey, we do have heat up here in the summer. It is in the 90's. The Palouse can bake too in August. I guess we should punt and save the equipment. LOL. See you guys soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BillySee58 said:

You guys are coming off a 1-11 season(Correct. That unraveled quickly. HC fired.) , you lost your leading receiver(Will be missed, for sure), rusher(not a factor), qb(Oh, please. Glad he is gone. Horrible off field issues.), and your top 7 tacklers(replaced with far better JC players) from your defense. And you're breaking in a(RSF) freshman qb playing 2,000 miles from home(we are on the road a lot), as well as plenty of new starters(thank God we got them) particularly on defense.

Yeah, change is usually good coming off a 1-11 season. I wouldn't underestimate losing those guys, especially not early in the season.

Uh, no. Right now, 73 compared to 96 in DFW area. Lacking in knowledge of Texas geography?

No, not really lacking. Grew up in west Texas but don't remember 73 in August during the day anywhere without a freak weather system. Night, yes. I was out that way today and it was in the 80s and 90s around there. But, it's a dry heat... if there is such a thing.

FYI, it's 86 in DFW and 76 at this hour in the frozen tundra known as Fort Davis. I guess it gets hotter as the night goes on. I hope glaciers don't pop out of Balmorhea and envelope around you in the frozen deserts of West Texas forcing you to miss any games. Please enlighten me about Texas geography further and how I can avoid the artic temperatures of West Texas.

Edited by UNTexas

Fort Davis sits at 4,892 feet above sea level and is expected to be in the low 80's for a high and get down to as low as 60 at night all week.

Compared to 653 feet above Sea Level with highs in the 100's here in the DFW region all week,...with an extended forecast for Saturday's game day to be a cool 102.

Welcome To Texas!

Rick

• Upvote 1