Scrimmage Recap

Side Show Joe

VIDEO: First Scimmage In The Books For North Texas
Defense Makes Big Plays, Byrd Shines

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Aug. 10, 2013

The North Texas football team held its first scrimmage of the fall camp on Saturday morning at the Athletic Center practice fields. Both sides had big plays as the Mean Green defense was able to force turnovers throughout the day but the offense had their way during red-zone drills.

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081013aaa.html

I don't know how much longer I can tolerate us having such a terrible offense....sure hope it improves.

Way way too early. Don't tell me you base anything on first scrimmage of fall practice coach speak? We all hope for improved offensive production...but we're you at the last Navy game? One can score close to 60 points and LOSE if you don't have a defense that can stop the other team as well as an offense that can score.

So...the coach speak positive is tat the defense is looking better. Where are all the positive comments about the defensive tackles that were said to be a weak point? Defense won the s rummage it was said, so DT's must have one a good job.

• Downvote 2

"this offense really sucks, but man, let me tell you this, we have some veteran leadership in charge of that suck"

That is pretty funny stuff right here folks...well played. LOL! This folks, is how it is done!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Way way too early. Don't tell me you base anything on first scrimmage of fall practice coach speak? We all hope for improved offensive production...but we're you at the last Navy game? One can score close to 60 points and LOSE if you don't have a defense that can stop the other team as well as an offense that can score.

So...the coach speak positive is tat the defense is looking better. Where are all the positive comments about the defensive tackles that were said to be a weak point? Defense won the s rummage it was said, so DT's must have one a good job.

Agree that it's way too early and that's why I still have hope. I'm basing my comment off of Coach Mac's previous two years though. I understand the importance of a good defense as well and I'm excited to see the improvement in our defense. However, even if our defense holds every single opponent to 14 points, we'll still lose if we only score 7 (see last year's Troy game).

Edited by Joshdude182

And, just think how many tickets and new fans we could have generated if we had just let te public in to watch all this! One only dares to think. I wonder if there are enough available seats left at Apogee?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Agree that it's way too early and that's why I still have hope. I'm basing my comment off of Coach Mac's previous two years though. I understand the importance of a good defense as well and I'm excited to see the improvement in our defense. However, even if our defense holds every single opponent to 14 points, we'll still lose if we only score 7 (see last year's Troy game).

Or lose if he defense can't hold them to under 60 or so...see referenced Navy game. Seems to me it takes both the offense and defense playing well to win. Let's hope that by the time we all see those throwback uniforms that BOTH the offense and defense are playing well.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Or lose if he defense can't hold them to under 60 or so...see referenced Navy game. Seems to me it takes both the offense and defense playing well to win. Let's hope that by the time we all see those throwback uniforms that BOTH the offense and defense are playing well.

I agree. I'm just saying that I have faith in the defense. They'll get the job done. Offense is what is making me nervous.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not arguing the importance of offense vs defense. I'm just saying the defense seems to be on the right track. Our offense is worrisome.

Edited by Joshdude182

Was the first offensive play a running play?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Now..this is the most important question asked? Oh, how I hope it was a pass! Christopher Walker...were you driving by slow enough to tell?

We're one week in, guys!

It's cliche, but the defense should be ahead of the offense at this point in team development.

Bingo...just posted same in the tread regarding the QB's. it is a fact folks...did you watch the Cowboy game last night? Offense could not score...and I mean on the field!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let's hope that by the time we all see those throwback uniforms that BOTH the offense and defense are playing well.

But... we'll all see those throwback uniforms in two days.

Now..this is the most important question asked? Oh, how I hope it was a pass! Christopher Walker...were you driving by slow enough to tell?

God, I hope people don't take me seriously on that. It was continuing the joke of the week from FFR.