Idaho Vandal fans talk UNT game...And We Talk Beer

Harry

Attempting not to state the obvious too much here, but this game is huge for the Vandals, and not just in the way that every game is important.

This first game will tell us a LOT about our 2013 team.

I have NT rated as the 4th most winnable game on our schedule... meaning if we win we could have 4 or more wins on the season and if we lose we won't have more than 3.

I'm already trying to level set my emotions at: If we win, I'll be uncontrollably elated for a week, and if we lose I'll be looking forward to November when we will have a chance to win 1-3 games.

Read more: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=205&f=2664&t=11724702

There is an excellent chance that the Vandal team in week 12 would beat the pants off the week 1 Vandal team, so I wouldn't panic if we lost, but holy crap it's North Texas, we have a good chance to win this game.

Just shows not everyone is as impressed with our "potential".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Idaho is (4-5) against North Texas

Average score: Idaho  22.4  - North Texas  24.8

Per decade
             W     L     T  PFPG  PAPG
  2000's     1     4     0  17.2  29.8
  1990's     3     1     0  29.0  18.5

All games
2004/11/13  Idaho         29  -  North Texas   51 L 
2003/10/11  Idaho         14  -  North Texas   24 L 
2002/11/09  Idaho          0  -  North Texas   10 L
2001/11/17  Idaho         27  -  North Texas   50 L
2000/11/04  Idaho         16  -  North Texas   14 W 
1999/10/09  Idaho         28  -  North Texas   10 W 
1998/10/31  Idaho         41  -  North Texas   23 W 
1997/10/04  Idaho         30  -  North Texas   17 W 

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/series/id/nt.shtml

Not that a stadium can score touchdowns or prevent them from being scored but I don't think the good folks from Idaho know just how well we play at Apogee Stadium.

My Prediction:

The entire Vandals team will be stare'n at all 3 of Apogee's wind turbines throughout the game therefore going into a complete catatonic trance thus leaving our

team to score at will. It could get ugly very quickly because of that, too. Yeppers, that is what's going to happen alright.

DSC_0020.JPG

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This game is huge for North Texas. We have to win. We can't lose a body bag game we paid for. Plus, the loser will start the season on ESPN's Bottom Ten. An impressive win against Idaho could send a message and help generate some media interest in our road game with a good Ohio program.

• Upvote 2

Idaho is (4-5) against North Texas

Average score: Idaho  22.4  - North Texas  24.8

Per decade
             W     L     T  PFPG  PAPG
  2000's     1     4     0  17.2  29.8
  1990's     3     1     0  29.0  18.5

All games
2004/11/13  Idaho         29  -  North Texas   51 L 
2003/10/11  Idaho         14  -  North Texas   24 L 
2002/11/09  Idaho          0  -  North Texas   10 L
2001/11/17  Idaho         27  -  North Texas   50 L
2000/11/04  Idaho         16  -  North Texas   14 W 
1999/10/09  Idaho         28  -  North Texas   10 W 
1998/10/31  Idaho         41  -  North Texas   23 W 
1997/10/04  Idaho         30  -  North Texas   17 W 

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/series/id/nt.shtml

Not that a stadium can score touchdowns or prevent them from being scored but I don't think the good folks from Idaho know just how well we play at Apogee Stadium.

My Prediction:

The entire Vandals team will be stare'n at all 3 of Apogee's wind turbines throughout the game therefore going into a complete catatonic trance thus leaving our

team to score at will. It could get ugly very quickly because of that, too. Yeppers, that is what's going to happen alright.

DSC_0020.JPG

If it is as hot for that game as most of our first home games, the Vandals will be using those fans to try to cool off. The weather is always on our side when we play a northern team at home in September. (Still August in this case).

• 2 weeks later...

As a Vandal fan I'm not worried about the heat affecting our team. 50 of our athletes are from "hot" states (CA, TX, FL, NM, NV). We have really focused on getting kids from those states. Most of our Idaho kids are from the southern (desert) part of the state. Looking at our 1's and 2's most are from those southern states. With our dome, our coaches can turn off the AC and turn the heater on to get it any temp they want leading up to the game. I suspect they will do that this year. The team will be focused and ready to play this year. Coach Petrino brings a different attitude to this team with his preparation/work ethic that will show on the field. Looking forward to an exciting and competitive game.

• Upvote 6

As a Vandal fan I'm not worried about the heat affecting our team. 50 of our athletes are from "hot" states (CA, TX, FL, NM, NV). We have really focused on getting kids from those states. Most of our Idaho kids are from the southern (desert) part of the state. Looking at our 1's and 2's most are from those southern states. With our dome, our coaches can turn off the AC and turn the heater on to get it any temp they want leading up to the game. I suspect they will do that this year. The team will be focused and ready to play this year. Coach Petrino brings a different attitude to this team with his preparation/work ethic that will show on the field. Looking forward to an exciting and competitive game.

How's the potato harvest looking this year?

Any news on how many Idaho fans might attend? Do you all have an alumni group in the Denton/Fort Worth/Dallas area?

Thanks for this info....ready for the game to get here!

You realize of course that we have an obligation to drink potato vodka that day, right?

I'll bring some monopolova polish potato vodka if needed...used to obtain it from goody years ago when I worked there...

edit: or maybe try and find some actual idahoan potato vodka....44 north, blue ice, and grand teton are vodka distilleries that produce potato vodka in idaho...

Edited by THOR

Just a point of clarification. Idaho is basically split into 2 distinct parts when it comes to farming. North of where the OR-WA borders would cut Idaho, we farm mostly grains (wheat, barley), legumes (peas, lentils), bluegrass, and canola. The southern part of the state grows mostly sugar beets and potatoes, with the occasional wheat or corn field. The nearest potato field to Moscow is 200+ miles away. We are known as the potato state because our capital is in Boise in the southern part of the state. If the capital would have remained in northern Idaho (Lewiston), potatoes would only be a side note on the list of what Idaho has to offer. Most of the potatoes we get in stores in northern Idaho are from Washington (Watatoes). It has been proposed on many occasions to split the state at the Pacific/Mountain Time Zone border. With the state of politics in our state now, it might just come up again :)

GO VANDALS!!!!

• Upvote 3

Just a point of clarification. Idaho is basically split into 2 distinct parts when it comes to farming. North of where the OR-WA borders would cut Idaho, we farm mostly grains (wheat, barley), legumes (peas, lentils), bluegrass, and canola. The southern part of the state grows mostly sugar beets and potatoes, with the occasional wheat or corn field. The nearest potato field to Moscow is 200+ miles away. We are known as the potato state because our capital is in Boise in the southern part of the state. If the capital would have remained in northern Idaho (Lewiston), potatoes would only be a side note on the list of what Idaho has to offer. Most of the potatoes we get in stores in northern Idaho are from Washington (Watatoes). It has been proposed on many occasions to split the state at the Pacific/Mountain Time Zone border. With the state of politics in our state now, it might just come up again :)

GO VANDALS!!!!

What part is that proposed planned commune-unity of extreme gun-toters going in?