Great Video of New UNT Super Pit Video Board On!

I have a really tough time seeing how we got this board + a practice facility for a cool 3 million. Did that really cover all the costs? If so... we have some deal finders on the staff for sure.

The prices on them there vidja boards are falling just as fast as your everyday flat screen TV.

• Upvote 1

The prices on them there vidja boards are falling just as fast as your everyday flat screen TV.

Yea it is not like it was the new 3d model....

I am still wondering what the plans are for the old screen at Fouts. It would look fantastic in my backyard!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This cost Tulsa 2 million in just Dec of 2011. Our board is as good...if not better than Tulsa's board. For all of this to come in at under 3 million I am impressed.

whitney-i-wanna-c-receipts.gif

Despite the joke, I actually do believe we got the deal BTW.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

I was at graduation today and was somewhat disapointed that they did't use the state of the art bad ass HD screens that are on all 4 sides of the new scoreboard to show the live feed of the graduation and instead used the standard screen..

If you are going to drop the coin, you might as well use it...

• Upvote 3

I was at graduation today and was somewhat disapointed that they did't use the state of the art bad ass HD screens that are on all 4 sides of the new scoreboard to show the live feed of the graduation and instead used the standard screen..

If you are going to drop the coin, you might as well use it...

The Super Pit guys said that they didn't have time to get it set up to do that. But that was the plan.

More than the scoreboard though if you get a chance to go to any of the graduations there in the next few weeks you will not believe how badass the new sound system sounds. 1,000,000,000,000x better than before. You will be happy.

• Upvote 2

More than the scoreboard though if you get a chance to go to any of the graduations there in the next few weeks you will not believe how badass the new sound system sounds. 1,000,000,000,000x better than before. You will be happy.

This.

• Upvote 1

The Super Pit guys said that they didn't have time to get it set up to do that. But that was the plan.

Awesome. I'm hoping for mic'd rims come basketball time.
  • Upvote 1

The main issue that the Pit has as far as lighting is that it's all flood lights. No directional lights on the court, just broad, flat, dim light that points straight down.

The center of the court is a whole lot brighter than the ends because there are no lights pointing at the court any further back than right in front of the hoop. Look at the photo above from the graduations. See the straight lines of lights in the rafters? Also, they are nasty fluorescent flood lights that give off weird colors in still photos and on video. That's why Rick Yeatts and the DRC use flashes at games. It's not as simple as just putting in new bulbs or whatever. The lights are in a bad location and so a lighting upgrade is going to be MAJOR project.

How about the lighting? That would seem to be the last issue.

Actually, I like the lighting as is. That's merely personal preference of course, and I seem to be in the minority on that. I don't know; I guess I just like the "intimate" feel of the slight dimness.

• Downvote 1

Actually, I like the lighting as is. That's merely personal preference of course, and I seem to be in the minority on that. I don't know; I guess I just like the "intimate" feel of the slight dimness.

I don't disagree with dimness in the audience but I know from a photo and video perspective its hard to take a good photo in there.